1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macros Mouse Mat

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 3 Apr 2002.

1. hexa-db

hexa-db What's a Dremel?

Is that film plastic-ey like OHP film? If so, do you know if it's safe to put through a laser printer?

I'd hate to see it melt inside a £3,000 printer :eeek:

2. macroman

macroman The One

The film is designed and coated for use with an inkjet printer. The plastic should not melt in a laser printer but it may well be too thick/stiff to pass through the mechanism. Not having tried it, I wouldn't recommend using a laser. You could mail the company and ask.

3. hexa-db

hexa-db What's a Dremel?

Macroman - cheers for that :)

Another thing to add to my list of things to try one day... :rolleyes:

4. SpikeyJake

SpikeyJake What's a Dremel?

Ok i got 1 more question (yes i know i ask a lot) . Iam unsure what setting to ues on my printer . I kown to have it set to best quality . But i have a few setting for paper type , would `HP Transparncey` be the best setting or `HP Glossy Paper` or `HP Priemium Inkjet Paper`.

Also i got some of the 3d film and it very cool . It mess`s with ya head :rolleyes: :eeek: :lol:

Once again Thx for any help

chris

p.s. Iam still trying to find a kick ass picture :p

Last edited: 9 Apr 2002
  5. macroman

macroman The One

I used the transparency settings at highest quality.
    BTW how long did the film take to arrive?

6. SpikeyJake

SpikeyJake What's a Dremel?

I ordered it on sat and it came on tues morning . I also order some of the clear sicky back film . For making smoe stickers for my bike and also ive got another idear . But ill post it up if it works out ;)

7. neon85

neon85 What's a Dremel?

hello great mod

how big was your mat

8. Camma

Camma What's a Dremel?

lol how much would i have to pay someone to make one of those badass pads for me? ;)

Camma

9. polamnus

polamnus What's a Dremel?

3d Photo Film in US?

First off, wow, what a great mousepad. Macro you continue to inspire.

I've been looking for a US distributor for the 3D Film, I discovered this

http://www.coolofficesupplies.com/appMemberCatalogPartsViewList.cfm?blockID=11508&NavHeader=No

Not sure if it's the same thing or not. It seems like the stuff Macro used was transparent, and it looks like this stuff is metalic opaque. Anyone ever seen this stuff and know if it'd work.

Thanks Much,
    Pol

10. macroman

macroman The One

I have just tried my dual optical mouse on a piece and it seems to work well. Not sure if it is as hard wearing as the 3D film tho' but if you wanted to changed your picture occasionally it shouldn't be a problem.

11. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

i hgad to try it out for myself ;)
    Jolene Blalock (T'Pol from STE)
    no LED's yet, their in the mail, just really anxious to get it posted ;)
    pics are ****tier than ever, high quality photo though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. neon85

neon85 What's a Dremel?

does it work well? ooo great pic

13. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

works better than any everglide ;)
    i simply used glass that i cut to the right size, went through 3 sheets of glass before it decided to stop shattering on me
    and then laid some tinfoil on top with spray on trim adhesive, and then did the same for the pic ontop of the foil, and then pumped a static charge through a transparency sheet after being cut to the right length, and it sticks itself to the pic
    the only way to get the transparency off is to lift the corner up with a razor, thats how well it fits on there
    transparency simply keeps the pic from getting damaged and gives it a "glossy" shine to it

14. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

For those of us with a little less than needed space on their keyboard drawers, do you think two pieces of 1/8" plexi will work good to embed the leds into?

I also saw a cycling led arrangment in another thread, cant remember where, that wouldlook good...

15. Excelsior

Excelsior What's a Dremel?

Might not be the one you are thinking of, but this site was posted on page two of this thread by Japala MetKuMods . This is a site based in Finland, but has translations, shcematics and a version of the cycling led display. Would look quite nice on this pad. Also, I would think two sheets of plexi would work. I was going to try the same thing. Just waiting for the led's.

16. Excelsior

by the way, Marcoman, I have only just recently come across this site, but what I have seen of your work is simply amazing. I honestly didn't have the drive for modding until I saw some of your work and now I want to mod everything. Yourself, Linear and many others on this site that I can't remember right now, have helped me learn a lot in a short time and I hope to give some of that back soon. Thanks.

17. Excelsior

18. macroman

macroman The One

Thanks and welcome to the boards
    Enjoy your stay :D

19. polamnus

polamnus What's a Dremel?

Static Cling?

Bee2643, can you please elaborate on how you pumped a static charge through your transparency sheet? Am I reading you right, that you skipped the 3D film(somethign that's just plain impossible to find in the US) and used a plain piece of transparency instead? I've just about given up in my quest for teh 3D photo paper stuff, so the transparency is probably gonna have to do. I'm interested in the technique you used with the static charge. I don't have access to a Van Der Graaf Generator, so I'm hoping this is do-able with home tools.

Thanks Much!
    Pol

20. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

heh, you could try rubbing it on the carpet?
    i used a van der graff generator myself, just one that my school made. just be sure if u use a van der graff that you put the transparency on it, then put it on the mousemat, and then ground yourself to get rid of the static.

Tags: Add Tags