1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Fury (Finished - Re-mods to start ASAP)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by blackflag, 20 Jun 2004.

1. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

This is excellent work i'm not sure how this log managed to sneak past me, look forward to the next update :D

2. Giblet Plus!

Giblet Plus! What's a Dremel?

project looks great

however, your WC loop needs a little attention

1. you should not use the T-fitting as a 90 degree elbow, it is bad for flowrate

2. you should try to find a way to not use 90 elbows between the gpu and cpu blocks, they also hurt flowrate. more flexible and kink resistant tubing might help you there

3. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I dont have much choice with the T fitting. If I had it down near the pump the one side of the T would run right into the side panel. Where the T fitting is now is the only realistic place it can go.

As far as the 90 deg elbows, it's REALLY hard to make loops between the GPU and CPU blocks the way the case is configured. Any gain in flow rate I might get using thinner, more flexible tubing (i.e. non 90 deg loops) will be taken care of by the fact that the tubing I am using is 1/2" vs 3/8", which right there means higher amounts of water flowing because the tubing is fatter.

4. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Here's a small update, until I get my motherboard in. Luckily I had ordered a cheesy Aspire 300W PSU a few days ago for use as a test PSU so I did the little pin join (Pin 13 and 14) and had a working PSU without needing a mobo.

[​IMG]

I connected all my CCFLs and switches and tested them out. It's a good thing I did, as I noticed one of the 12" UV CCFLs was very dim (luckily I had a spare) and one of the 4" red CCFLs did not work at all, so I swapped it out. I took some pics of the red lights, as the UV ones were not that visible yet, without side panels on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a shot of the power on LEDs for the CCFLs. They're really bright!
    [​IMG]

These are the two 12" red CCFLs mounted to the ceiling of the case. I haven't replaced the dim 12" UV CCFL yet, but will before the end of the weekend.
    [​IMG]

This is a shot of the PSU bay (now empty after the Antec's sudden decision to die). This is also the 4" red CCFL that replaced the non-working one. Notice that it is not sleeved red like all the other red CCFLs (yet :D ).
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking of using the shell of the dead Antec as a wire junction box for the CCFLs to keep everything neat behind the bezel. I'll Bondo the vent holes to neaten it up a bit and then repaint. I'll also be taping off and painting the new Antec NeoPower the same color as the old PSU. I still will need to sleeve the PSU afterwards as well. I'll try to post something before the start of the new week.

:rock:

5. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Plenty of LIGHT. Changes the red color of the interior of your case. Looks good.
    Cut that side window dude... I started BN's today.

Last edited: 28 Aug 2004
  6. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

looks real cool mate

7. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

[​IMG]

Now you taught me something new :thumb:

8. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

Which is nr 13 and which is nr 14?

9. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

lol yes this also taught me something knew but... judging from the picture and the wire petruding from pin 13 and 14 i would say pin 14 is the green and 13 the black but anyways looks up a few pages theres an ATX refrence diagram

10. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

You see a green one ,thats pin 13 ( fourth from the right if it is connected to MoBo)
    use a wire to connect green pin 13 to any ground (black wire)
    It doesen´t need to be Pin 14.
    Works everytime!

11. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Im getting the Ultra PSU that you decided against, for my v1000.... did you ever get a responce regarding pluging your own psu cables into the psu?

12. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

yes of course you could make your own cables

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Acutally that's 14-15 there, pin 14 is the green one. It can be pin14 (green) plus any black (ground) wire.

14. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

They never responded. That's some great customer service for you. In the end, I decided against it because I didn't feel like making my own ATX umbilical cord (too many damn wires, and I've already spent too much time on my PSU). Also, I read in a few reviews that the included cables (in addition to being the wrong color for my case) are VERY rigid, especially the ATX one. That wouldn't work very well in my case, or yours either. The Antec I bought should suffice nicely, I began taping it today to get it ready for paint. Still have a bit more to go, and then I'll begin on the window at some point soon. I should have my fillport by Wednesday, so that will go in too, then I can get rolling and actually use my system before it gets obsolete! LOL :hehe:

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Please tell me you at least tested the PSU before tearing it up

16. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Yep, it works nicely... :D

17. DrPepper

DrPepper What's a Dremel?

damn im belive im love your Antec PSU :p

18. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Here's a small update of stupid stuff...

As mentioned, I got my NeoPower PSU. I sleeved all the cables using the excess sleeving from the old PSU (and still had a little left too :confused: ). I don't know if the modularity is really going to help me much, since I will be using all 4 jacks on the side of the PSU for cabling. Oh well. BTW, those red sleeves are still painted with red UV clearcoat :rock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, I got my fillport from Danger Den and will be drilling the hole for it as soon as time permits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know, it's a small update. Nothing too interesting here!

I'm almost finished with my "used-to-be-PSU-but-now-is-junction-box". A couple coats more of paint and a way of anchoring it, and I'll be all set (FINALLY) to install the switches, now that I know they all work.

Then on to the panel... I'm gonna have to get a little crafty with that one... I'll let you know. :naughty:

19. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmm that braiding looks so nice and i like the shape of the "fillport" will add alot to the theme of the case (color is so lovey)

20. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I like that fill-port. Very cool. I would have_gone Black or Chrome, but...

Last edited: 7 Sep 2004