1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What NOT to do after spending $5,000

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Malvolio, 28 Aug 2004.

1. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I think he's showing off with the price, in fact I rather boast that I only paid #500 (under) for my computer than say I paid #5000 (over) for my computer.

The only part I like about his $5000 computer is the bottom bit on the front panel, the rest look like damn sh*te. His monitors are so badly ...whatdoyoucallit?... and that is such a boring fan grill on the side...

2. Rooney

Rooney What's a Dremel?

I think Im going to be sick...

3. Stoan

Stoan What's a Dremel?

It seems that the date on the pic is "Created On: 8/28/2002" But he got ripped off if it was 5000. I would be too ashamed to tell anyone that..

4. timbudtwo

timbudtwo What's a Dremel?

5. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

6. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

AFAIK they're not his. My pc was under £400, and probably just as fast as his (btw i got a DVD drive and CD-RW now, even thought the sig don't say so!). It might not be terribly fast, but I'm a GCSE kid and it's all i can afford, so in a way I'm proud of having a decentish pc that cost so little!

8. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

HEY....
    I'm here you know, and now I'm comming to get all of you...

eyy.... just kidding... really expensive computer that.. that's more than I payed for my car.... (and i bought two)

9. Go4t

Go4t i

wow i spent about $300 at most on mine and the only thing his has better is the video card

10. run_with_m4

run_with_m4 What's a Dremel?

im not the type that criticizes but that is lame. 5000? he either got ripped off or... he cant add. man my computer right not (dad built it) is much better than that and it was only 1000. it has p4 2.4ghz (overclocked to 2.8) w/hyper-threading, 120 gig hd and a 40 gig hd for back up, antec full tower with custom window (not premod), and a bunch of other stuff. my computer that i am in the process of build will be maybe 2000 becuz i plan to get the athlon64 and other higher end parts. well my case is pretty much done as modding is concerned with a custom window with a custom etch of vash from trigun. it also has a red cd and floppy drive :D

11. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yeah, your right on about him just hosting the pic's because he thinks they're cool. Look at this:

http://www.lucasworld.net/computing/salar_madadi_case.jpg <thats from his site

http://www.techworthy.com/TechEdge/August2003/PCs-Gone-Wild.htm?Page=3 <third pic down on that page, case apparently belongs to somebody named Salar Madadi.

Another few examples, all pictures pulled off of [H]ard forums I believe:

http://www.lucasworld.net/computing/xbox.htm
    http://www.lucasworld.net/computing/green_fire.htm
    http://www.lucasworld.net/computing/cccp.htm
    http://www.lucasworld.net/computing/bucket.htm

Now, if your going to build a computer, wouldn't you at least take some pictures yourself if you're going to post them on your site? ;)

They're nice cases, too bad he failed to point out that he didn't mod them. Believe me, this guy's gonna get a piece of my mind monday ;)

12. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

lol just give him the link to the forum.. we will grief him off enuf!

13. formfield

formfield What's a Dremel?

What a moron.

I for one have seen the guy's site (although I can't think of it right now) that built that PVC computer. He actually had built two, and had a guide on the site of the steps taken.

This guys a real tool.

Adam

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

When he said his rig cost $5000,--, maybe he meant Hong Kong dollars? :D

15. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

16. Robohead

Robohead Guest

Geez, most of you are like a pack of rabid dogs following Malfoleo's lead. This guy Lucas did nothing other than try to claim that his computer "doesn't suck". I just browsed his entire web site, he has a link for ""Casemods" which has several casemods that he obviuosly thought were cool and most of them are well known cases that we've all seen before. And then he has a link labeled "My Casemod" which is his personal rig. So he's not trying to claim credit for the other cases even though he should have given proper credit (same thing with the wallpaper section on his site). Ok, his computer is a couple of years old now and not up to par by todays standards. So what. He's still proud of it. Is that a crime? He doesn't feel his computer sucks and this thread if the result of that. If you look at his guestbook, you'll see Malfoleo left a not-so-pleasant message for him claiming his own computer is much better. How childish can you get? Talk about e-penis's. :sigh:

This is a pathectic excuse for a thread. Malfoloeo, you're not in high school anymore, get a life. :rolleyes:

This isn't aimed at everybody that posted here, just the malfoloeo followers who can't think for themselves.

Live and let live.

17. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

He has beige drive covers..... ewww

18. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Maybe if he bought it a few years ago, it would be worth 5K :p

19. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

maybe if it was yen, cause thats all id pay for it :hehe:

20. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Dude 3posts in and you are judjing every 1? WTF? Why dont you get a life? All we were stating is that we dislike dumb ases that claim to know allot and really know nothing. There is nothing to prove here.