1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development web hosting

Discussion in 'Software' started by kingabs, 24 Aug 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan

Satan Banned

Oh and IBM actually fund and employ a large percentage of uni students during their courses, southampton is one of the many (well was when I was looking at studying there).

As long as he has had dealings with them, no matter what they may be, he is entitled to list that client, unless the NDA states otherwise ;)

2. George

George Bah

You're talking tosh because you have no idea what you're on about. This topic is about "web hosting" - that's why the thread is so aptly named "web hosting".

If the clients he mentioned has nothing to do with web hosting, then why mention them? If he did indeed create a letter head for IBM or Pepsi, it has nothing to do with his credibility in the web hosting industry... so why mention it?

You're lack of knowledge in this area becomes very clear when you need to use a spelling mistake to argue your point.

Maybe if you did some research into the hosting market it would become clear to you that what HK is marketing, clearly isn't realistic or possible.

3. Satan

Satan Banned

Wasn't arguing with you, or therefore wasn't using the spelling error to do so, simply correcting. While I'm at it, its Your... not "You're lack of knowledge...". You're is a contraction of you are.

And I feel what I have said has been in context with what I was discussing with Adam. If you don't agree, then that's your issue, not mine.

I can't comment on his client list, but as long as they are clients he can mention them as and when he likes. It's called name dropping, very common.

I have a wide knowledge base, but as you should have read, I stated hosting isn't one of my better known subjects.

As me anything you like regarding law, tax, investments, international trading, property, contracts, licences, languages (brasillian, french, italian, a bit of english), photography, design, construction... We'll, I'm not light on knowledge, but as it's said, knowledge isn't everything :)

Now I feel the subject is swaying towards your assumptions upon myself.

4. George

George Bah

I have made no assumptions upon yourself. But, let's get this straight.

HK is trying to sell something as something it isn't... he has blatantly lied to gain the custom and money of someone under false circumstances... ie fraud. You are quite clearly condoning this activity, and what makes it even worse is that you seem to think you're some expert in business.

This is the topic in hand, not how many languages you know or what you do for a living.

PS. You seem to be using this thread to gloat about how much you know. I personally believe the only reason you contradicted Adam's opinion is because you're a troll who knows nothing about web hosting at all. Good day. :)

5. RTT

RTT #parp

Thread getting a bit out of hand methinks...

edit: reply from satan:

I'm not condoning anything. And I'm no expert in business, and never said I was, simply stating what I do when it comes to it. It was in context with what myself and Adam were discussing, he hasn't had a problem with what I have said, and I certainly hope there isn't one, that wasn't my intention.

I was highlighting the fact he wasn't offering 1000GB/Month transfer, please take the time to read the posts.

Until you can prove fact that he cannot offer these services I would suggest you don't broadcast him as a liar. That's gross slander.

For all you know, and until he can answer, he might have decent load balancing over multiple servers, giving him the ability to offer 100GB/Month transfer. He can offer the services at any price he so wishes.

It's been known for companies to do this sort of thing for two reasons, harm competition (costs money to make money), and maybe a little tax dodge . However I can't really comment on his situation.

And you're the one questioning my knowledge, I haven't questioned yours .

All I am suggesting is don't get too trigger happy. :)

Also, don't try to tell me you haven't made any assumptions, that I can say is a lie.

6. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I love this thread. After all the business 'advice' dished out by Satan, one thing I was curious to know was exactly what sort of business he was in after all the extravagant statements and business-noblesse oblige bestowed upon us obviously ignorant and disadvantaged serfs.

I checked out his website www.redsharksolutions.com to find, well, a single page with a logo (that links to an email address - 'contact@ etc'), and a link to a .pdf of a yellow pages ad for a computer store in Tunbridge Wells (apparently if you know what you want they can put together a system for you for a good price and some bloke called 'James' really knows his stuff!).

The yellow pages ad also had a url - www.redsharkonline.com - curiously, this site doesn't appear to work. I began to wonder how the CEO's of the 'blues' like Credit Suisse, Sky, Ish etc find the place when he 'invites them to a meeting'. So, what, he makes them come to him, rather than visiting their corporate offices like all the other service providers trying to sell something? Is there a boardroom at the back of the computer shop?

Also, according to Companies House, there is no Redshark associated with Comms or Internet services. But then, there wouldn't need to be unless a company was making a lot of money, whereby the company tax rate vs personal tax rate and the associated benefits of limited liability would make it silly indeed for them not to register.

I guess the readers of our forums may be curious and do their own investigations. Maybe some of them live in Tunbridge Wells and can wander into Redshark computers and find out who owns it , whether said owner is 22 years old and the shop is one of a chain of businesses that also 'does mobile phones, contracts, hosting, service contracts, repairs, networking, new/used/imported cars, clothes, the list goes on... ' Though maybe they'd only manage to speak to a member of the 'sales team'?

Advocating 'in business your conscience and any morals go out of the window. If you can't do that then you're not even half the business man you could be. Harsh but true'? What complete bollocks. I ran a successful business for nearly ten years while keeping my morals and conscience, my wife is an accountant for a company that has won industry awards for ethical business practices and I've had many long discussions about business with my father (owned a chain of sports stores) and my uncle (a former Operations Manager for IBM for all of Europe, owns his own international business consultancy) and they and I are all strong believers in morals, conscience and ethical business practice. People who advocate an amoral approach to business will come unstuck sooner or later, as was so rightly said in this thread.

With an attitude like that, I would be steering well clear of being conned into buying a computer or services from Redshark in Tunbridge Wells.

Business men are not 'simply con-artists with cards and suits', that's certain types of Salesmen and I'd certainly be avoiding buying from or listening to advice from any self-confessed 'con-artist'.

Oh, and I do get out a lot too - I run 6 miles a day and also spend an hour a day boxing and weight-training. I find it clears the head...blah blah blah.

3 miles? Pfft.

comments to my email ;)

Last edited: 31 Aug 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.