1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors auto transmission help!

Discussion in 'General' started by 273BeLow, 3 Sep 2004.

1. 273BeLow

273BeLow What's a Dremel?

Hey a month ago an old guy drove into my car and messed it up he nevere even bothered reporting it to his insurance company :rolleyes:

It's being sorted now in the meantime I'd bought myself a new car but had a major problem so it also is in a garage being delat with! arg

In the mean time the old guys insurance is covering me for a free hire car just picked it up before work one thing it's an auto.. I can't stand it is it just me being heavy footed or are these that bad that they *have* to groan and vroom every time it wants to change gear?

Also what is the er "2" and "1" below the drive position for? I'm guessing gearings for when the road is icy maybe?

The car itself is a Honda Civic not something I'd ever drive through choice :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

You shouldn't hear anything when it changes gears other than the engine rpm slowing. I'm not suprised about it though - rental car companies take horrible care of their fleet and most likely the tranny fluid or filter hasn't been changed since it was brand new.

For the most part, yes. It's essentially forcing the tranny into a lower gear - kind of like downshifting in a standard.

3. 273BeLow

273BeLow What's a Dremel?

right.. cheers.

yea it makes a right noise and a half changing gear the Laguna I have (well in garage) is near silent and even my old Diesel Citroen didn't make this kind of fuss!

4. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Well thats a POS honda for you. What did you expect? :hehe:

5. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I smell a muscle car guy. Join the club we are a dying breed.

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Yes i am a muscle car guy. Nothing matches the power of a v8! (well except a quad-turbo v12)

7. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

They have had quad turbo v12's but non of em produces as mutch hp as a top fuel v8 can. I mean com on 6000hp off a 8L engine? Whats the power to ration on that thing? 750hp per litre? LOL Gotta love v8's

Tags: