1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first REAL Mod with Pics! Side window design ideas!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jasonmason, 5 Sep 2004.

1. jasonmason

jasonmason What's a Dremel?

Ok, i decided to start a mod on my Generic Lil' Comp case. I know i've started a bunch of projects in the past and pretty much deserted them but this one i plan to finish.

This is the case ill be modding:

[​IMG]

Dirty Fan: :p

[​IMG]

I am planning a Blow Hole in the top panel, as you can see there is just enough room to squeeze it between the PSU and Optical drives:

[​IMG]

The Beautiful side panel just waiting to be modded:

[​IMG]

I guess you can sorta see the simple window design:

[​IMG]

I started the cut a few minutes ago but it started raining and my cut-off wheels kept breaking so i decided to quit till it stopped raining:

[​IMG]

Suggestions on things i could do to it would be apprieciated. its a Mid-sized case so i cant fit a whole lot of stuff in there but i think it has great modding potential.

Next Update:

Small Update:

I got the window cut today, thought i post a pic of it, ill cut the top blowhole sometime this evening or tomorrow, just thought I make this short update.

Edit: Im not quite sure what color paint im going to use, maybe ill paint the inside red and outside black, or the other way around.. :twisted:

[​IMG]

Next next Update:

Ok, update time :) Its not a very big one, but an update none the less..

I fixed the side panel a bit:

[​IMG]

cut the blowhole: (its a little rough now, ill smooth it out some more later, or find a kickass grille to hide my errors :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for now, i may cut a design on the right side panel but that im not sure on :) Ill have to practice first on an old side panel, i really dont wanna **** this one up.

Ill prolly get some paint tomorrow or sometime this weekend and update it, that is if im done cutting all im going to cut. :)

Comments welcome :)

Last edited: 12 Sep 2004
  2. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

Looks good so far, put in a big 120 mm intake fan in the front.

3. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

yeaaah agree'd on the 120mm intake :D

4. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Err... clean the fan? :eyebrow:

Are you still going to smoothen out the 'handle' in the side panel, or will it stay like this?

5. TheSchumi

TheSchumi What's a Dremel?

Wow, the modded fan looks great :hehe:

6. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

My parents have a similar case and that's what their fans look like ;) . Good start with the window and the blowhole though :dremel: .

7. NoodleNogin

NoodleNogin What's a Dremel?

There's potential here. Give us a sketch of your planned mods.
    You're in desperate need of a paint job.

Good luck :thumb:

8. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

May I suggest that you use a rubber tile around the hole since it became a little jagged.....
    [​IMG]

BTW: Hope it turns out well :thumb:

9. jasonmason

Thanks for the replies, I don't think i can fit in a 120mm Blowhole because the case is so small, my PSU and Optical drives would be in the way :(

Lol about the fan, i dont think ill be using that fan, i just posted it for the hell of it :)

I may stick a piece of rubber around the blowhole, but its actually not that rough, i slipped slightly on the dremel and it scratched the paint off...

I'll make another update soon, if i decide im not going to cut anymore ill probably paint it soon.

10. jasonmason

ill be looking for a design to cut into the right side window soon. Some sort of tribal design that catches my eye. Ill have it lit up with a color that i think will fit teh design. will post pics of a design i choose soon...