1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perforated, Maximum PC Rig of the Month! Aug 2005

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bootupbuddha, 2 Sep 2004.

1. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

boot up, you are the kind of modder i am, you pay attention to the little details, ans try to make things different, and original, just the way i like em!!!! (excuse my improper english)

2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

one hell of a mod mate, well done.

3. koola

koola Minimodder

Excellent mod!

I like the great attention to detail :D

4. TMM

TMM Modder

the rivots along the left sidepanel look fugly, but other then that its awsome :thumb:

late edit: i just re-read your log. Heatshrink all your wires dude! especially the mains voltage ones, if one comes lose you going to have a dangerous situation on your hands :wallbash:

and on the back of the RCA socket like things, there is too much exposed wire, that'll short out no doubt.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2004
  5. Hephaistus

Hephaistus What's a Dremel?

Damn i like what you are doing here. :dremel: I like those functional mods. :rock:
    Oe thing i don't like is the light that is hanging on the outside of your case.
    Why are you doing that???

6. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

That sure looks like Hammertone paint in the page 2 pics...is it?
    That's my personal favorite paint, I use it on everything.

7. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

Hey, Thanks and 4 stars no less!

GO FOR IT, I DONT OWN ANY OF THESE IDEAS!

I would be a lier if I said I was not influenced by other Bit_Tech'rs. :dremel:
    -----------------------------
    Thank you all for the suggestions and critisims. I will be taking all of them to heart and considering all of them.

Flow indicator, Hmm that sounds tasty. Thanks for the links.

As to my 'Emergency Beacon' nobody seems to like it. :sigh: I will leave it on untill the mod is complete, then I will make a decision on it. It will be eazy to remove. :dremel: :dremel:

As to the explosed connections, they will get covered. Honestly I wasnt going to cover them untill you all pointed it out. :wallbash: thanks

Last edited: 10 Sep 2004
  8. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

This is one sexxeh mod!

I personally really like the idea of a cathode on the door. It goes in well with the theme I think you might be using. Don't be discouraged by other people's reactions. This is YOUR mod and should be done the way YOU want it.

9. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

dude, this is awesome! i happen to hate chieftec cases... they are fugly... this one is so not chieftec anymore... its like a mini chief. lol That seems like a suitable name, considering it lost a lot of extra metal! I like that green... but i hate the manufacturer... lol Good job on maming the case! lol jk, its a great project, and you have a lot of good ideas. i think i would do the same, but right now the atx case im doing is about the same size as your mini chief now... its just big enough to get a micro-ATX board in! lol

what color are you making it? i cant remember, as i read this a few days ago, and have since looked at about 300 logs! lol i think you should seriously go into a yellow, or that green again... to me those colors are nice and stand out. lol to each his own! lol im not painting... its too much work, and takes too many hours... i think my last paint job too 3 days in time (72 hours) and i didnt like it like i had hoped! so im going leatherette, or upholstry vinyl as they call it. post updates! im still interested in this, its cool! gl!

10. bootupbuddha

Actually, I tried yellow. You may just make out some over spray on the face that hasn’t been painted yet.

The Man has been keeping me too busy to do any modding. But I do have about half of the power distribution box ready. I am guessing that I will make a small post this weekend, or sooner if I can.

Right now I am hunting for water cooling parts and that should make for a large update with the completed painting soon following. What you see now will no way be the final product. I have a few surprises. :dremel: Thanks all...

11. bootupbuddha

really tiny update

Okay, here are some teasers along with the textured paint that I used for clocker… Oh! LOOK! it stops rust! perfect for you HL2 modders. LOL :D

[​IMG]

Ran out of plugs, going to have to visit Radio Shack again.

[​IMG]

This is where it may go. I don’t want to commit to placing it there until I get my water cooling stuff. I may put the pump in that spot, that’s way more important than mood lighting.

[​IMG]

That’s all!

12. Mondak

Mondak What's a Dremel?

Great craftsmanship so far. This looks like it will be very solid. Keep it up!

13. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

wow, not bad! lol i like that box, it looks clean and very well thought out. keep it up! rock on man!

14. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

lack of correct spelling

owe they just took a kick to the teeth, any way i love your skillz in orgonizing. very clean and classing looking mod, like the whole "mood lighting" idea practical and very cool, now i encouage you to mod more for us addicts out there :D

15. b_dyche

b_dyche What's a Dremel?

Wow! I'm thoroughly impressed. Keep up the good work!

16. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Wow, looking very good. I like the idea for the power jacks on the back... one question though... is the main power cable (inserted into the PSU) capable of handling the power requirements of both a computer and a monitor? I'm not sure what the rating of the power cable is, but I would think that you might be pushing the capabilities of the power cable. If not though, right on, and very nice modding.

17. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I like this mod.
    I usualy dont post mutch in the modding section unless I have a sugestion.
    But this time I am going to make an exeption because this mod is just what the doctor ordered. It is a mod thats made to please the author and not the lil crazed kiddies that rave over a trend.

BTW I had the same problem as you did when i started posting my project log here and it seemed like there wasent enough interest to get people to post. I lader realised that it dosent matter because im doing what im dooing for me and not any one else and me posting a log was just my willingness to share my work (no matter how insignificant) to the rest of the modding comunity around here.

I bid you good luck M8 and as the saying goes "Ill be watching this one" :rock:

18. koola

koola Minimodder

That is one hell of a good case!

Keep it up :thumb:

19. bootupbuddha

I used a part of a cable that is also handling all of the power needs for my workbench. Since the connection is in front of the power unit, the power unit is not supplying anything for the additional plugs. I don’t see any trouble with it. The important thing to keep in mind is the possibility of a short. A short like that will kill any pc component.

I am not concerned about a short, I am pretty confident in my electrical skills, having rewired my last home in a complete restoration of it (built in 1926). I ran numerous LAN’s there with out any trouble. I rewired my brother’s garage that was converted into a media center. In contrast, my current home (built in 2003) can only handle 15 pc’s and equipment. On number 16 we started blowing circuits. Our LAN’s are much smaller now; guess its time to mod the house. :dremel:

20. bootupbuddha

I was joking of course, many of my past posts in other logs have raved about rust job mods. I love then and can't get enough of that type of mod. I know a lot of people think it’s over done (and they maybe right) but I see the coolness in them. So when are you going to rust your pc?