1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding CS:S Mod READY TO BUILD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tr!nk, 9 Sep 2004.

1. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

I know how you feel. You get a great mod planned out and are just about to begin and BAM there is someone else who has seen your mod and already finished his. Kinda makes you want to not mod it now huh? Or put a window mod in the middle of his or her chest? I woudnt know what :dremel: to get - just get one that is adjustable (I think they all may be though :confused: )

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Dont buy a dremel until you need one, theyre overrated.

If you dont want anyone copying your case, make the design and workmanship so good that any copies would look rubbish in comparison, or heavily add your own slant. My current case project was inspired the the YY server cube :thumb:

3. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Yea, I mean I was inspired by piloux to even start doing this in the first place! but I hope I can do the best I can do the best I can :dremel:
    Good news is that i have access to CNC Milling matchines, lathes, and drill presses. but I need a dremel to do bullet holes in the window, and to do small jobs like aluminum polishing :thumb:

4. user0001

Whats wrong with real bullets?

5. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

:hehe: what, you actuly think i would shoot my case!?!?

6. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

they will not create the same affect to my knowledge, and i unless you live out in the country people will most liky have a problem with you shooting things in your back yard.

unless you absolutly need dremel then just go and buy a "no name" brand from walmart or where ever, Dremels are not cheap.

for the bomb you should make it look like the bomb from Counter Strike Source, that would look good and would fit the case design and such if you want i should be able to get a screenshot of the bomb if you want

7. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Yea, I just got a nice dremel, and a good drill too, and my machine shop teacher said he would teach me how to do etching and other tricks with the dremel :dremel: so im pritty happy about that! Pluse, I need to do the case now, since it's going to be my first samester project, so I will be starting a project log in about 3 week! but I do have to wait till the 15th to get the case cuz of the stupid credit card is like melting from back to school shopping :duh:

And If you can get that screen shot, that would be all the difference, cuz i'm trying to keep it as close to the game as humanly possible. that would be awsome!

oh yea, and what do you think if I make the back pannel have a danger sign with the polieze (on the back of the SAS skin) and make a thing that looks the the radar in the corner, with a 120 mm fand with the rad at the botom left. everything would be back it and the radar would have blinking white LED's to make it look like CT's are moving around.

And for all of thoes people in the modding comunity, I was thinking of a new theme for cases. Has anybody thought about a TFC2 mod? That could look really awsome! :thumb:
    well take a stab at that, maybe someone will try, or maybe bilbo fraginz can turn that new alienware case into a TFC2 mod :naughty: hint hint :D

8. user0001

TFC2 huh? Havent heard nearly as much about that as I have about CSS. I think that Valve has their hands full with CSS and HL2 (unless they arent making both? I dunno if they are :confused:)

9. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

The Start Of The Mod

Ok, I'm reaching out to the public for help! :dremel:

I'm less then a week from buying the case, and water cooling parts first coupple of questions:

1. Does anybody have screen shots of the CS:S C4 pack? this will help determin if I should buy or make my water res.
    2. Does anybody have a circut diagram for the use of an RGB LED? I'm going to back light the "Counter-Strike : Source" and I have all the LED's just dont know how to hook them up on a board and to the powersupply :confused:
    3. What would be the best paint to use on the case? for a base coat I wana use a smooth black and in certain spots make rusty bullet holes ( I know how to do the rust just not to make the paint smooth
    4. What color sleeve should I use for the power supply? I was thinking gray and I would color it with some black and yellow UV paint
    5. where do I go to get a numarical keypad and circuit for a timer/temp? the bomb on the top is going to be both eye candy and the housing for the pump and res. so I want it to give the time, tell the temp of the water and have a timer on it ( I have all the components to do it, just dont know how) :worried:

PLEASE GIVE ME FEED BACK! from noobs to the admins I WANA KNOW WHAT YOU THINK? :thumb:

[​IMG]

10. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

I found a pic of the bomb! its a bit big but ill find a way :dremel:
    [​IMG]
    any ideas on the res.?

11. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

At this point im seeing that nobody cares about this mod, wich makes me sad :waah:

12. user0001

LOL - this is one of the mods I check almost every day. ATM, pics are hard to get (I may get some though, we'll see) but with that case, how could you go wrong modding? I think that people just want to see some cuts before they'll start talking. If you have the $ for the case now, I would go ahead and buy it so by the time you can afford the rest, the case will be done or close.

Edit: Lookie what I got :D :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you need any different shots, let me know. Also the HEs looks just any ordinary grenade now so... hmm.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2004
  13. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

A Race to the finish line!

Thanks you soo much user! thoes pics will prove very useful! It seems now its a race of the cs modds has begun! I would like to keep intouch with bilbo and see if we can bounce some ideas off eachother and creat the first line of CS:S cases! Hopefully the case will be here by the end of the week, and ill get started on it by the next! I'll be starting a project log soon! and note to bilbo, if you wana, we could share the thread! just leave a message or IM me on AOL AIM @ AiAi823 :thumb:

please keep posting if you got any other ideas, keep them comming!
    thanks!

14. 1Ce

1Ce What's a Dremel?

15. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Just by taking a look at the buttons, i could use some old # keys off a keyboard and put single through touch switches under them. But what i need to find that LCD screen, it doesnt look like the standered LED count lights that you see in bombs like in the move "speed" Ill take a look around for them!
    Keep on posting :rock:

16. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

LOOKY WHAT I FOUND!
    [​IMG]
    its an LCD up/down counter, could put a red plexyglass window, so that the LCDs would look red!

Thanks 1Ce for the website!

17. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

look at united-modders.tk BIOTCH! I've already got one,(needs to update his post in his forum). I'm not trying to be mean just excited.

18. 1-Man-Army

1-Man-Army What's a Dremel?

hmm i thought i posted this a suggestion already =\......any ways u can use bullets as buttons too....what about bullets for thumb screws too???

19. preatorian

preatorian What's a Dremel?

maybey mod those wires to that flatcable that's on the bomb? :>

20. user0001

If you're usin an IDE hard drive, you should put it in the bomb and have that cable in the pic be part of the IDE cable. Thats the first thing that came to mind when I saw the bomb.