1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Water cooling sketchup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bboy_Jon, 18 Sep 2004.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ummm heres a pic of what my stuff would look like

sorry for the file size but ya

[​IMG]

the parts would be

Swiftech MCW6002 for Athlon XP
    C-Systems 12v pump
    Swiftech Radbox
    Dangerden Heatercore

thats about it, should i get the via aqua instead? what barbs would i get? (i know 1/2 id but not sure what kind)

o ya i couldnt connect the block to the heatercore in the pic because photoshop was being weird and it wouldnt let me paste some tubing over the block, it just went under it

Hows this setup btw? Would the mag3 be a hassle?

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Pleaseeeee resize the pic. It doesn't need to be THAT huge!

3. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

Get yourself a res, its worth it.

4. dreamreality

dreamreality What's a Dremel?

although a res would restrict airflow a bit, it will make filling and bleeding your system MUCH easier. its worth the extra $30.

5. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

How would a res restrict air flow?

Am I missing something?

just my o2 cent.

Btw get a res or make one, they are worth it. A res will stabelise temp fluctuations in your system. Also nice choice on water block. Swiftech makes some very good blocks

-Jag

6. dreamreality

dreamreality What's a Dremel?

my bad, i meant waterflow. or the flow rate.

7. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I would say that what you might lose in flow rate with a res, you gain from the ease of filling and bleeding.

8. dagamore

dagamore What's a Dremel?

ignoring the bayres bs, i have not seen a res that hurt flow, most of the time it helped with the flow of the setup. and any res that sits on the intake of a pump will increas flow, just about every time.

9. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

A res would increase flow if put before the pump as it reduces the amount of energy the pump wastes on suction, and also makes much easyer to fill as the pump becomes primed by the res.

10. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

so should i stick with the c systems 12v pump or go with a via aqua? (since the aqua is only $20)

i heard res's leak and stuff, so thats why i dont really wanna get one, but the t line takes a while to fill and bleed

should i get the danger den 5.25 bay res?

so the loop would be like this?

Pump->res->CPU Block->Heater core->pump?

should i get a chipset and vga block?

11. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Stick with the c systems pump.

Res's don't leak unless you've made a crap one or if you are using it wrong. I wouldn't bother with a bayres, they kill the flow and aren't as good as air traps.

You would be better off having the loop the other way around. Pump->rad->block->res->pump. You need to have the res before the pump whatever you do.

Chipset blocks aren't really needed unless you're going for a huge FSB overclock. A passive one like the Zalman one will be fine in most situations.
    For the GPU if you want to overclock it then a waterblock is a good idea, also if you want to get rid of any loud fans on it.

12. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i oced my 9800 pro to just barely XT speeds, but im not running it on the oc because i dont wanna risk killin the card

I have to go for high fsb since my multiplier is locked, should i get a block for the northbridge/chipset or just get a heatsink?

13. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Well if you've done a volt mod to it then I would suggest a water block for it. Else a heatsink should be fine for it. If you do decide you want more cooling you can always get a chipset block later.

14. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

havent done any volt modding

15. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

http://dangerden.com/mall2/more_3pics.asp?fmmore=245
    That looks like a nice res for the money. And dd advertises its guranteed not to leak. Its Formed plastic not glued like other plastic res systems. Its cheep too. 17.95usd. I would say give that thing a shot.

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

that reservoir looks good, it just has no color lol, it would make my case ugly as hell

i was thinking about one of these, but its glued and stuff

http://dangerden.com/mall/Misc_Hardware/ddbay.asp

but it would look alot nicer but ya, ill probly end up getting the 17 dollar one

17. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Getting a bit sick of reading how bad the Bay-Res is at killing flow and not being good as an air trap!

I've used them in various configurations and never came across either of these issues...........they are simple to fill if you don't mind pushing it out the bay to fill and as for killing flow i simply don't understand how it would compared to any other Res!

Yeah i sell them so i feel it only right i should stick up for the humble Bay-Res.......try this one, this one or this one.......they all worked great :thumb:

Sorry Darv if you got anything to back it up i'm all ears but to advise against something without trying isn't good.

BTW the Danger Den Laing D4 Pump has been revised and is a lot quieter now :rock:

Don't want to see folk misinformed that's all :thumb:

18. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

bay res would be alot cooler and more convenant, i could fill it without opening my case couldnt i?

i just have a little bit longer tubing i need then i just pull the res out when i need to refill then fill it up then push it back in. With a t line id need to open the case. But i probly wont leave my bay un screwed and stuff so ill have to open my case hehe

anyways, how do i cap the res, ill probly get the 17 dollar one

19. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I'm only going from what I've heard about them so I may be wrong.

But I don't understand how they can work as an air trap? Surely there isn't a space at the top for the air to collect. :confused:

20. Simonsnet

Simonsnet What's a Dremel?

havin' recently entered into the world of watercooling I must agree with the point about bay res' bein' not very good for air traps. It is very difficult to completely fill and bleed and I've still got bubbles 3 weeks later. Ok, so the bubbles are limited to the res, but it's not ideal.

Having said that, the bay res I have is EXTREMELY durable and made of very thick plexi. I went for the bay res simply because I didn't have enough space for anything else. I'm hoping to get a full tower case soon, so I will probably go for one of the top mounted tube res' at some point.

Tags: