1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Renault stering wheel radio remote

Discussion in 'General' started by 273BeLow, 19 Sep 2004.

1. 273BeLow

273BeLow What's a Dremel?

er yea I have an N reg Renault laguna and it's got one of these things for changing your stereo volume/channel etc on the dash just behind the steering wheel.

I'm looking for a cheap MP3 cd player untill I can afford a fold out LCD touchscreen for my carputer (mm) and most say "wired remote support" will this work as a standard connection? Or is mine tied to Renault in car stuff only?

2. Simmy

Simmy Minimodder

afaik you can use an aftermarket Headunit, and you just have to buy an adapter for £30 from Halfords and wire it all up. Sounds simple, but i haven't got round to doing it on mine yet.

I think these are the adapters you need - http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/default.php?cPath=47_720_731

it says you need some radio interface lead aswell which should match up with the make of your headunit :)

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

You will need to buy two adaptors.

One to convert the renault headunit wiring loom to the standard ISO (about £10) and one to convert the stick controls also (around £25-£35)

You might need a facia adaptor is the current head unit is moulded.

4. 273BeLow

273BeLow What's a Dremel?

ok cheers.

bah do I just get an MP3 cd player or go mad and get the LCD from the States!

5. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

laguna wiring loom should already be ISO (varies at random I've seen 2 laguna's same yr one was iso the other wasn't) tho the ign and perm lives may be in the wrong place , the steering wheel adaptor should be available pretty much any car audio shop but you're stuck with alpine/kenwood or sony units to be able to get the appropiate interface afaik, they seem to be the only manufactureurs that the make the remote adaptor box's for

Tags: