1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Bobbos SN45G Mod. Unnamed.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bobbo, 21 Sep 2004.

1. bobbo

bobbo What's a Dremel?

Ok. Here it goes. My first public mod. It's still in the planning and is not a long lasting mod. 'Hope to get done before the next lan. It is an SN45G (Shuttle) and im not quite sure about all the details. My plans are:

-Make it "Hard" looking
    - Better ventilation
    - Easyer to carry.

[​IMG]
    Does the image work?

Making the things in wood, but will work on them. On the side(s) i will have a fan and ventilation (the stuff behind the fan) or bars like on the rest. And i will make a chain to carry it (Cool ha?)

Any suggestions?

2. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

looks interesting, is the whole front a door?

(the pic works but is huge - could you crop and resize it for the benefit of all our 56k'ers please)

3. bobbo

bobbo What's a Dremel?

A different idea. No the front is as it is. Attaching the bars on the front, and as in this picture maby also on the DVD+-RW. Making the front Flat 'n' slick before making the bars. Fitting the buttons inbetween. Also thinkin about a little cute plexi window somwhere. The colours will probably be gray and dark brown. Using something to make a Concrete look. Red leds is the fan i think or maby blue like the power led.

Where should I attach the chain? Fron, Back, top?
    [​IMG]

4. Grunt

Grunt What's a Dremel?

I like the second design better.. however, i do have a few remarks:

* make all the 'ribs' the same size (guess that's what you plan to do, but on the pictures they aren't)

* cut them all off at the same angle (like 45 degrees)

* why use a shuttle as basis? I'd just construct the whole thing, since you'd spend more time adjusting the shuttle to your design than to make it yourself alltogether (in my opninion)

As far as for a 'chain'.. I take it by 'chain' you mean some sort of carrying-belt? (I'm dutch). I'd make a eye on one of the ribs, through wich you can hook your belt.

Maybe it's an idea to make the ribs out of rubber?

5. bobbo

bobbo What's a Dremel?

Fast unaccurate sketch, they will be the same. I tought about a 20cm long chain (not large) firmly connected so i could use it to hold on. As for making the pc from skratch... Think this wll be hard. The front i will redo from bottom, but the rest i flat. Only needs som sanding. The bars will probably be Wood.

6. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Looks cool i like the idea!

7. bobbo

bobbo What's a Dremel?

It will either be Wood (thick) or som kind of plastic thing. Whatever i find. Free...

Any suggestions? Wood i could probably get cheap / free

8. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

I like both ideas.

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

this is not yet a project log, please read the rules thoroughly if you have any questions

once you have parts, have started modding and most importantly, have pics of your work, PM me and i will move this back to the PL forum

10. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Looks good mate, but maybe make the shape totally symmetrical so that it just looks like fins all over. Also, making it out of metal with as many deep, even grooves in the fins will make it lighter and awesome if you want to passive cool :)

11. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

why not have the front peices "curved" to kind fo give a werid/interesting look to it? just my 2 cents, anyways l like the desgin of the case and the over all theme, this should be really good, once it's started consider me subsribed