1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: EvoX - UV Gaming PC -- DEAD!! Look for MJOLNIR...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G4m3R_X3r0, 17 Sep 2004.

1. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Ok well I'm starting to work on my case and everything and I wanted to show you guys what i'm starting with so here it is.

[​IMG]

This is my case, Antec SOHO File Server. After a few hours out side rememoving my old parts in the case, and cleaning out the old sound dampening pad it now looks like this...

[​IMG]

Pretty nice hack job eh guys??? Ok well as you can see I drew out on the fron where i want to replace the out of line fans, with a new custom peice to put the fans in line and right behind the grill, I saw the idea from bliss unleashed http://www.bit-tech.net/article/110/. the idea of the transparent black plexi sparked an idea in my head. I'll try and stay up todate with my picts, but i hope this will get the ball rolling, wish me luck guys! It's my first time.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2004
  2. drinn

drinn What's a Dremel?

Interesting name :hip:

Good luck

3. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

hmmmm... EvoX, so you moving an xbox into a server tower case? lol j/k

Hope to see some more updates on this.

4. G4m3R_X3r0

LOL, No thought about combining my PC and a Xbox but no, i actually thought of the name my self, not knowing it was the OS for modded Xboxes.

5. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

not only OS but also BIOS too. :rock:
    looking forward to seeing your ideas implemented

6. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

doubt it :miffed:

7. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Im with him

Why is this in the PL's anyway. Its not a log its just a plan.

8. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

hes got a pic of the case stripped and ready for painting, so one step down of the many steps involved in the painting.

9. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I had my case stripped and some modding done and it still got moved to modding because it was still somehow a plan

10. The Lost Monk

The Lost Monk What's a Dremel?

sounds interesting, good luck

11. G4m3R_X3r0

Actually it's true I seriously didn't know it was an OS/BIOS for a modded Xbox untill i found out awhile ago. Anyways, I did some work on the case, Stripped the case of the top and bottom, Stripped the paint off the back side and the top, need to do that too the bottom and my window pannel which i need to order. I'll post picts of it hopfully with in the next 2 days or so.

BTW: Ty to the rest of you for your support on this regardless the name.

12. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

eh another antec case... why does everyone like those cases?!?! they are ugly... though when someone chops them down to a smalled factor, they look sweet, they are all different! no one will have it cut down to the same size etc... i just see the antec/cheiftec/copies as the same old crap... no offense... the first gen sohos were cool. but they were huge! gl on your mod, and try to strip this thing down and create a monster! lol we need more monster garage and less christopher lowel show... lol sorry had to put my 2 cents in...

13. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

i find it amazing how everyone is a god when it comes to the place that a thread exists. Im sure he didnt create it in order to be told that it was in the wrong place. Good thing everyone feels the need to bring it up several times. All that neeeds to be done is pm a mod and ask, then if it is in the wrong space the mod can move it and tell the author of the thread about it. simple as that. btw: ive never heard of an EvoX either.. so lay off it

nice case btw, i have the same only mine is the plus view and comes with a window in it :S good luck on the mod.

14. G4m3R_X3r0

I bought this case about 2 years ago and was planning to just ad a window and call it quits, well after that i was just like na i want to mod another case, but instead i came back to this one. don't ask me why everyone likes them, but yeah...

15. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

allways google your project name before disiding! :p

16. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Indeed...

17. G4m3R_X3r0

Pic added Project renamed.

Here they are as promised.

So for starts I went and removed the top off the frame so i could be ready for cutting my big top window.

[​IMG]

Once i had that done, it was time to start striping the paint off the case. Got some steel wool and started cratching the back pannel to allow the paint stipper to be more effective. I used a liquid paint stripper to take my orginal paint job off, and then used a power sander to take the orginal case color off so i could get the case back to it's steel finish.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok that was just the back side pannel, i did the same thing to the top and still need to do the same thing to the bottom but here is what i got done all together.

[​IMG]

The 92mm fan hole in the top pannel is being replaced by a top window. and the front pannel just needs a complete over haul. Took me way to many sanding pads and steel wool to do the top and the back side...

[​IMG]

Well all and all i got the old paint off, now for my next step, the mainframe work.

[​IMG]

Thats next on my agenda, oh and let me know if i'm going over board on the comentary for picts, I'm still a nØØb, and am open for opinions.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2004
  18. G4m3R_X3r0

Ok i know DBL posting is lame, but bump, trying to get noticed

19. Grunt

Grunt What's a Dremel?

What kind of reactions were you looking for then, 'nice sanding'?

Nice sanding :)

Go mod, and post pics :p

20. G4m3R_X3r0

Thats better then nothing at all, i love sarcasm!! I'll get working on my frame when i don't have to sorry about work, which should be soon.