1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dads tv premiere

Discussion in 'General' started by Ciqala, 21 Sep 2004.

1. Ciqala

Ciqala What's a Dremel?

I mentioned this about a year back but My dads Tv show titled the Salvager finally starts tonight @ 8pm on discovery home and leisure channel (uk/europe).

in it he makes some crazy stuff by going round salvage yards and picking up materials with which to make some very nice furniture. i think the two episodes on tonight are a coffee table made out of amongst other things concrete and loads of tin tea caddies and a dining table out of the axle off an old jaguar and railway sleepers.

its like scrapheap challenge for the home and should appeal to those who are mod-minded.

they did a feature on my dad in the mirror last week
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=14655471&method=full&siteid=50143

and theres a huge load about him on his personal website (under development)
    http://www.thesalvager.com

and be warned he's a bit of a character and his on screen persona is what he's like in real life he's not hamming it up to the cameras.

but this show should certainly be up a few of the heavier modders streets and should be well worth a look.

:dremel:

2. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

big up your dad ;)

3. MiniG

MiniG What's a Dremel?

I just finsihed watching this, pretty good. I was impressed with the second table he made, not too sure why you'd want a table full of little boxes though?

All in all a good show. (not quite as good as scrapheap though)

just my £0.02 worth

MiniG

4. Ciqala

Ciqala What's a Dremel?

hi minig thanks for your reply. glad to hear an honest critiqué and glad you took time out to watch it.

in reply to your pondering i think the first table made with the tin boxes is aimed at people who collect things (such as my dad who's always got loads of things cluttering up the place). although a novel idea it gave me would be to do the same with a chess board design and within each tin you could store the individual pieces. would make for a functional table and chess board (if you were pre disposed to playing a lot of chess that is :D ).

5. MiniG

MiniG What's a Dremel?

your welcome for the honesty, is it gonna be on the same time every week?

MiniG