1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Rate my watercooling system to buy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Finsta, 22 Sep 2004.

1. Finsta

Finsta What's a Dremel?

Anyways, here it is.
    A TDX Copper
    5 1/4 bay
    12V D4 Pump
    6800 DD Block
    BIX 120mm with 1 sunon
    10 feet tygon
    --------
    What will be cooled:
    P4 2.8GHZ C and hopefully a 6800GT.

2. Simonsnet

Simonsnet What's a Dremel?

Sounds good. Personally I would go with one of the TDX kits from coolercases as it'll give you a better rad. If you email paul he'll happily swap the DD res for a 5 1/4 bay res as you say you want. (I did this too). You would probably have to get the gpu block separately but I'd advise emailing paul with the list of what you want and see what he suggests. I've found him extremely helpful and their prices damn competitive.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Finsta

Finsta What's a Dremel?

Feel free to suggest different parts. I am always taking in suggestions.

4. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Any idea where you will be getting the DD 6800 block, I can't find stock of them :(

5. Finsta

Finsta What's a Dremel?

Direct. :D
    People, I'd like to hear more opinions on what to get. So please, post your opinions.

6. thorilan

thorilan What's a Dremel?

on a scale of 1 to 10 i give it a 4

keep in mind 5 is average so 4-6 is in the average range

the reason being is that the bay res is kind of tacky. and not needed.
    if you are set on a res make sure you are getting a res for the right reasons.

next is the rad. its not a bad rad but for price vs performance you can do better.
    then there is the pump. personaly i think you could get 2 of them and run them in series and do much better or switch it out for something else

if you give us more of an idea about which goals you have these numbers could change .
    performance? looks? quiet? cost? overclock? budget you have etc etc.
    all important in making your decision

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

But who wants to spend $150 on pumps? The DD ones are quite powerful to begin with anyways, I wouldn't worry.

I totally agree on the radiator though. The BIX may look cleaner than a normal heatercore but they're just too expensive!

I also agree on the bayres - I hate how they look. But then again I don't like the look of any dangerden reservoirs. The criticool waterplant looks nice but it's no Aquatube (but that's not meant for big-bore tubing anyways, not to mention how expensive it is)

8. dreamreality

dreamreality What's a Dremel?

I'd suggest a heatercore for better performance. May not look as good, but it sure performs well. Plus, there a little cheaper.

9. Risky

Risky Modder

It looks like a fairly mainstream 1/2" system.

The main weakness I seen is that Sunnons aren't the best fans in terms of airflow to noise ratios. (Try Papst, Panaflo, SilentX, Noiseblocker...)

A bay res isn't my favourite, but the res is never a critical component so its really a matter of aestetics.

10. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

In my experience, papst are fantastic :)
    go with them !

11. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

its ok :rock:

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

as said above, papst or panaflo for the fans, im a big "fan" (HAHA! umm) of quietness in a system
    the pump can be noisy at the best of times too, an eheim 1250 is completely silent with great flow rates as well

all depends on your idea of quiet mind you, there are plenty of people who are quite happy ot have tornadoes and deltas in the PC, im certainly not one of them

can you fit a 2x120mm rad in the case? that would make the airflow through the rad a bit less important than with a single, so you can get away with quieter fans (thermochill rads are almost identical to the BIX ones except they have a bleed valve, if you think you will need that sort of thing)

btw, the NV68 is an amazing block :rock:

Tags: