1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to Stock Trading

Discussion in 'General' started by John Cena, 24 Sep 2004.

1. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

I currently have about 90K in the bank saved up and I live in the U.S.

I'm 17 and I was planning on starting my own buisness but I given up that idea. Instead I would like to invest in the stock market and make a living off that.

Can anyone tell me how to stock trade? I don't know squat about it. BTW, I'm too lazy to read a book on it.

2. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

worth 90k at 17!!! :jawdrop:

if you ever find any lying around, you know who to send it to....

- H.

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Who the **** did you blackmail :jawdrop:

4. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

LOL no.

The day I was born, my dad made a account for me at around 15k. Each year he added money to it and right now it has about 90k i'm told.

He told me to use it wisely. I'll prolly use 40k on college but I want to use the rest on stock trading.

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Put it into property, even if it's some danky 1 bed room flat and then fix it up and rent it out.

6. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

buy shares in google the second it comes on the stock market with all of your money.

seriously.

7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

You should of told your dad to put it in MS shares when you where born. :wallbash:

8. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

I would invest in infinitypcs.co.uk....really good buisness :worried: :hehe:

Seriously though...I would buy or build property(then rent it out). Or even buy land. Keep it a few years and make a few quid from it.

9. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

Not being funny, but if you cant be arsed to read up on it, i think you would stand to lose a looooooot of money. Like a couple of others have said, you would prob better off putting the cash into a property, and renting it out, shares can crash all too quickly if you get greedy.

10. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

You should edit that out of it, you might get more replies then :worried:

11. penski

penski BodMod

dude...you keep posting on here asking people to help you with your homework because it has to be due in the next day now you say you're too lazy to read up on the stock market.

You workshy fop.

*n

12. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

TekMonkey shudders.

13. RTT

RTT #parp

So that led you to want to blow it on the stock market when you can't even be arsed to read a book or do any form of research? :thumb: go you!

14. quack

quack Minimodder

Let's all start a company, tell him to put all his money into it... then run away! :D

15. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I second the motion. :worried:

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Absoultely. Property, as long as its in the right area and a solid house will ALWAYS go up in value in the long run.

Stock market is dodgy if you wanna make cash quick and takes years if you want to invest. Trade in commodoties - buy a crap load of gold near the equator where it weighs less, then sell it nearer the poles ;) Or oil?

17. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

hahahahahahahaaha yeah right.

Simple, get daddy to carry on adding to the account and retire in 5 years or so.

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Good idea, except that it's kinda hard to talk just after you're born :hehe:

19. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

if your going to get into stocks, you absolutely HAVE TO read up on it. Read as much as you can. read everything. read books on the stock market. read the business section of the paper. Read up on different companies your interested in. Research man, research!!!

Some other tips on the stock market:
    Diversify, Diversify, Diversify! Do not dump all your money into one stock, spread it around a bit
    DO NOT DAY TRADE!!!! i'm sorry, but "day trading" (the act of buying a stock and selling it within a day or two, or even within the same day) is a horrible idea. Unless you really know what your doing, as in years of experience (and have read many books :D ) day trading will very quickly rob you of all your money, and can become rather addictive. I watched a relative lose almost all of his retirement funds and his wife because he became addicted to day trading.
    Invest in things your interested in. Obviously since your on a computer forum you must be into computers at least a bit, right? well then invest some money into tech companies that you know of. For example, now would be a good time to invest in Nintendo or Sony, as sony will be releasing there PSTwo soon and Nintendo the Game Boy DS, which is sure to boost both there revenues hugely. but again, RESEARCH! make sure to read up on what's coming, and don't buy based solely off of fanboyness (i'm gonna invest in ATI cuz Nvidia is teh sux0rz)
    RESEARCH TIL YOUR FINGERS BLEED! do not buy on the spur of the moment, or based off of some "tip" you recieved, these rarely work.

To make a significant return in the stock market (and significant counts as a 30% return on your portfolio) you need to be prepared to invest some serious time. Don't expect to make millions and retire in 5 years. All of this having been said, i'm gonna have to agree with what the people above me have said, property is always one of the best returns, even if you don't keep up on it the value of the property will still go up. Either that or talk with an investment counselor in your area about getting set up with a (someone here help me out, it's basically a pre-setup portfolio of different stocks that you invest a set amount in, lower return but much less risk then traditional stock market)

or just give it all to me and i will provide you with a monthly return of 200 written thanks :D

20. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

invest it all in TheoGeo inc.
    :D