1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSU Changeover Kit Questions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Freaky_Tweak, 27 Sep 2004.

1. Freaky_Tweak

Freaky_Tweak What's a Dremel?

Ok, i bought one of these UV Green Changeover kits , and i have some questions about it

first and foremost... how do i remove the pins from the 20 pin connector (after labeling them all of course)
    second, how do i remove the pins from the floppy 4 pin connectors
    the same for the "6 Pin Auxillary Connector" and the "4 Pin 12V Pentium4 Connector"???

these things have been bugging me for months, and i reall want them changed over

thanx in advance for the help

2. preatorian

preatorian What's a Dremel?

uhm, the floppy connectors I know :p

take a screwdriver and tap on the top of the pins (pushing them down) untill your hear a 'click', then you can easily pull out the cable, and then onto the next pin!

3. Freaky_Tweak

ok... ill go try that... hope pple can help me with the other nows... thanks

4. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

I cut my aux conn off as I probably will never use it. For the 12v aux and mobo pins, take a staple, bend one end, and one down each side of the contact. You have to push them just about all the way in for it to unlock the clips.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, cut the aux, it's worthless unless you wanna use the 3.3v line in it for LEDs.

I bought the tool for ATX/P4 since I swear I'm sleeving stuff way too often. I saw one around from performance-pcs for like seven bucks (a cheap model, mine was twenty+ :waah: ) but the last hurricane in their area ripped the roof off of their warehouse so they're closed for the moment. I've never had much luck with the staple method myself. I've had a small amount of luck with a very thin screwdriver but I ended up snapping it in half accidentally too.

6. Freaky_Tweak

ok, thanx for the help guys... ill prolly jsut buy the damn tool, i tried staples, pins and screwdrivers... to no avail... so yeah..