1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding ideas for a stargate case..

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Springs, 7 Oct 2004.

1. fieroloki

fieroloki What's a Dremel?

2. zx2assassin

zx2assassin What's a Dremel?

I actually also like this show like a few of you do and this project sounds great, i think that it would be cool to incorporate a DHD into it maybe as the power switch or something, or just use some type of glowing orb of some type

3. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

why not build a "miniture" stargate model and have it spinning in the case?? just a thoughts

4. tom61

tom61 What's a Dremel?

5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen What's a Dremel?

you should get a laptop screen and put it behind the gate and have it flicker the shimmery gate thing. THAT would be badass.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Here's another site you might find useful, linky.

He has Stargate screensavers, and even a flash-based stargate dialling program.

7. Springs

Springs Boing boing

tom 61: i have seen that thread already.. its a good project he's doing.. hope it looks goos when he's finished...

with the laptop screen... good idea but the only thing is that there a bi*ch to install..

ianw thanks for that link... great stuff on it...

i duno when ill be starting the main construction of this yet.. some some other things to sort out 1st and i wanna get a list of stuff i will need and maybe to some mock up's for size.. to make sure it will all fit..

8. Springs

Springs Boing boing

does any one no what the name of the push button switch in where you push to make and it stays on untill you click it again to break it... just like a pen?

9. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

A push-on-push-off button.

10. inzane86

inzane86 engineer with an axe

I have an idea for the flickering wormhole(the gate inside).
    Use a sheet of sanded plexi and put a lot of blue LEDs behind it or on the edges and make the LEDs flash randomly that should give the right effect. :thumb:

Another idea.... :idea: you could use a picture of the wormhole and then use flashing lights behind it.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2004
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This is of no practical use to you, but you may find it interesting.

Here in the UK I have worked at a number of Stargate conventions, and to
    bring the guests on stage, we had a 1/2 scale stargate, complete with spinning
    dial ring. To make the effect more realistic, we used a video projector to show a
    pic of the gate room's back wall. As the guest was about to come on, we played
    a siren, and the projected image showed a cgi iris closing. then the sound of a
    wormhole opening, and the iris opened to show the event horizon as the guest
    walked through the gate. It was so popular, that during the parties each night of
    the convention, we had to run the gate almost the whole time so that the fans
    could take each others picture standing in it! :D