1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Asus MB installed

The date being 10/9/04, I decided to hold off on the installation of the Innovatek LCD. By the grace of the watercooling Gods, my Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD should show up next week (so says http://snt-systems.com/catalog/index.php?manufactures_id= )
    I installed the Asus A8V deluxe motherboard in it's place. I had to remove the stock AMD A64 backing plate (per AlphaCool) to set up the mounting posts (bolts) for the AlphaCool NexXxoS XP Bold CPU water block.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also used stainless hex-head bolts in place of the stock screws to mount the MB to the case.

[​IMG]

You know I had to see how that AlphaCool block was going to look (mock-up only, no processor under the waterblock).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a few finished pictures to hold you until next week.The Eheim 1046 pump and it's Aqua-Computer Full Metal Jacket

[​IMG]

removed. The AQ FMJ should be going to the chrome plating guy next week as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  2. fastbullit

fastbullit What's a Dremel?

awesome work my man :rock:

3. Sverdfisk

Sverdfisk What's a Dremel?

great mod man, love the soundcard and the bigass speakers :rock: :rock:

But a Cuplex pro waterblock would look much better on the cpu in my opinion :)

4. modsquad

The Aqua-Computer Cuplex Pro looks almost the same as the AlphaCool. I think you are talking about the AQ Cuplex Evo
    [​IMG]
    I have one ordered and it should be in next week, I may or may not use it. I like the AlphaCool NeXxxoS, it accepts two 5mm leds in its center. It looks very cool then...

5. M0RPH3US

M0RPH3US What's a Dremel?

the red acrillyc mobo cover would look great imo .. but a plexy with red leds on the sides would look even better ??? so u could still see the mobo at full but when u turn, the red leds on th mobo has a red glaze over it ???

just thinkinh out loud here ..

oh, might i add

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

6. Sverdfisk

Sverdfisk What's a Dremel?

Yeah, that's the one i meant. (sry 'bout typo, bit sleepy today..)
    Hope you will use it, because it's such a cool block and it gives pretty nice cooling to.
    :)

7. modsquad

I agree the Aqua-Computer Cuplex Evo is a very good looking water block, I may very well switch over and use it instead of the AlphaCool. One problem would be it's size. The Cuplex Evo is a rather tall block and my pump is mounted about 5" infront of the area ocupied by the water block. I think that would be enough room (could always use those 90 degree fittings), but I would need to see how it would look set-up in the water loop. Another thing is the fittings Aqua-Computer uses are G1/8" and all my Innovatek/AlphaCool stuff is G1/4". There is quite a size difference between the two fittings (water flow).

[​IMG]

I hope to have the Cuplex Evo in my hands next week, than I will have to decide.

8. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

very nice setup. I like your thought process.. Keep up the good work. Hope you finally get your WC parts in.

9. modsquad

Coming Soon

After looking at my motherboard installed in the case, decided to make up another red acrylic panel for this area. (will be working on it soon).

[​IMG]

It will give the area the same look as the 5.25" section ( I have to reinstall the panel, it was removed when I was working on the front bay area).

[​IMG]

I also plan on making up a support bracket for my video card out of the same red acrylic. I would need the video card with the Innovatek water block installed to fabricate the bracket, and it would seem the BFG Geforce 6800 GT as well as the 6800 Ultra are a little hard to get at this point in time (out of stock at my favorite vendors). I will pick one up as soon as possible.
    The Eheim 1046 pump's Aqua-Computer Full Metal Jacket (pump cover) is going to the chrome plater today and I should have it back by the end of the week ( should look kick-ass)... I should also get a boat load of Aqua-Computer stuff very soon. I also ordered some "acrylic mirror" (looks like chrome in the pictures, we will see) which I plan on using to make a back-plate (inside the case) for the 5.25 bay-area. That is where we stand. I have some vacation time coming soon and hope to get a good deal of work done.

10. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Nice, very nice. :thumb:

Have you considered the Aquastream 3.0 from AC for a pump? Due to the fact it integrates with the Aquero and can be "overclocked" to output levels at or above the Ehiem 1048's capacity it may be a good move. In addition to that it is a 12v pump and may be easier to wire. By easier I mean neater. The last reason is why I choose it.

Where do you get your acrylic? I need to get a clear circle 11" in diameter to finish my side panel.

11. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Did you ever get this ^^^ in? If so, did you get it from Scott @ HighSpeed? I really like the idea of an in-line unit.

12. modsquad

I get all my acrylic from: (By the way I was looking at your "water-cut" side window.......... perfection.................)
    http://www.cuttingedgecasemods.com/windows/windows.htm
    Sent Chris an email, they will cut whatever you need. I have been meaning to put together a list of all the links of dealers I purchased from for this project. I will get it done soon.

ShoNuff's machine. A#1 work. Take a look..
    http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3140395#post3140395

Last edited: 11 Oct 2004
  13. modsquad

No, I was just throwing the idea around. But Scott does have them in stock (I think).... Another 4-Star dealer.......... One thing I have learned over the last four months.. If you live in the States, and you see German H20-Cooling stuff you like..and it is in stock..order it, because you may not see it in stock again for a long-long time.........
    MS

Last edited: 11 Oct 2004
  14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Lordy, lordy, lordy... :duh: I must be going senile. How could I have missed this thread? (Thanks for the heads-up, Langer!)

What can I say? This project is clean, sexy, well implemented and the attention to detail and finish of it all is excellent! Great, and moreover, original work. I feel I should read this log with a cold beer. :D

I can relate to the changes in plans... I've changed mine many times as I've gone along. :D

Added 5 stars to your rating. :thumb: Keep up the excellent work!

15. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

very very clean project!!

can you please let us (read; me) know how you remove the LED from this puls meter? I'm wondering if I'll buy one myself :) and btw.. does 10mm (3/8") tubes fit in it?
    [​IMG]

:clap:

16. modsquad

Thanks very much Nexxo. I have been following your project for a long time. I am in love with your Paul Vodrazka Phaze II waterblocks. They are as good as gold, IMPOSSIBLE to get!!!

17. modsquad

Sorry AB, I never purchased that model I went with one of these
    [​IMG]
    I am not sure, but I dont think your 10mm would fit. I am using Tygon 5/16"ID and 7/16"OD
    which just fits. I think 10mm would be like 3/8"ID and 1/2"OD... and as I understand it, you can't unscrew those compression fittings on that model.
    Sorry

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That's right. Acid Burn, if you are using 3/8" ID tubing, you want a Swissflow SF800 flow meter. It has 3/8" BSP thread connections, and 3/8" ID openings.

@ Modsquad: I like the way you covered that flow sensor in carbon-fibre look! :thumb:

19. modsquad

Good and Bad news

The Good:
    My Aqua-Computer Full Metal Jacket is at the chrome plating shop and should be done on Friday. I need to get the pump with it's new chrome jacket reinstalled before I can install the PSU and work on the wiring harness.
    I have been holding off finishing the side window because Xport1's site has been down the last two weeks (I still need to add the red acrylic window over the laser etched one, which means drilling and tapping threads for the stainless bolts into the etched window) now that I know I would be able to replace the laser etch if something bad happened, I feel safe.

The Bad:
    Another delay with my backordered Aqua-Computer water cooling gear (13 weeks and counting). From what I understand, I am looking at another two weeks wait. The Aqua-Computer stuff is all but impossibe to get in the States! At this point I have come up with replacement parts for all of what I ordered from AQ, but I would really like to use there Aquaero VFD. I will hold off as long as I can and work around the front panel.

So, I will try to work on the side window tomorrow, and as long as I am cutting acrylic I will make up that small red accent panel for the motherboard area inside the case.

20. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Any reason why? (sorry if it has already been addressed, it's been awhile since I've read this thread :) ) You could get a replacement from Matrix Orbital , it does look like the ones MO sells too (just a different housing).

Anyways your case looks great,