1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Industrial Progress 12/29/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Rekarp, 4 Jul 2004.

1. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

thx for the support :thumb:

roto it is dented not bent. it dosnt seem to effect the flow at all.

I turned on the comp yesterday and it worked great. except since i installed windows like 2 months ago on the harddrive and didnt activate it :sigh: . Bios reads a CPU temp of 37 and a system of 36. So im wondering is this a good temp? This is after letting it sit in bios for about 15 minutes and the fans running at 7 volts. Still havent worked on the mess pf wires but will do this weakend since its supposed to rain the whole time (Ivan). I was thinkin of putting a temperature probe on the cpu but i cant find a place to mount the lcd. theres no room upfront but i can mount it inside the case so you can see it through the reservor. Or i can mount them on the keyboard. i was thinking of using this or this. The problem of the 5.25 one is that its not backlite and the 3.5 one is one unit (meaning both will have to be mounted on the keyboard) and requires a molex.
    Plz help me chose :confused:

2. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Some of the previous pics were deleted due to photobucket server problems (cant wait till i get my own hosting). Well after 3 weeks i have a new update. I did some redoing of the case and added more vents and attached the front panal. New paint with a laquor spay finish. Got some new goodies and the keyboard is almost done. I took down the entire to fix some things. I waiting for the buffing wheels that will come on tuesday so i can finish the psu and diamond plate and start putting it back together. Got a waterblock for the 5200 had to modify the bottom of it so it would fit on it. Rebuilt the fanbus and made it smaller. Working on revamping the light system. So on with the pics!

The case as is
    [​IMG]

The new side cuts
    [​IMG]

DAngerden waterblock
    [​IMG]

Anti-vibration/cooling unit for the harddrive
    [​IMG]

The keyboard. It has the led installed but no components inside right now.
    [​IMG]

The left button is for the cdrom (Mac :idea: ) and the right toggle is for the leds when ever i install them
    [​IMG]

LEDs lit up.The red glow is from the cathlods from the case i tested it on. Basicly i took this and got the cuts out of it and mounted it in the keyboard. the wires will be connected to the back of the comp using a audio jack.
    [​IMG]

3. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

now those keyboard ideas are very very clever!

4. Northy

Northy What's a Dremel?

like the keyboard :thumb:

5. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Back again...

definetly liking this mod.. the keyboard idea is amazing..

hmm.. only one small downfall.. you have this great WC'ing with dual heater core.. but its for a fx5200 and desky barton.. hmm, i take it you hadnt heard about the mobile bartons.. but dont take this as criticism.. its an amazing mod :thumb:

6. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

yah i know these components wont overclock well. But i had most of them before the mod started so this is what i have to work with.

7. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

finished the psu today but i have to get a camera to take the pics. On thing tho its very shinny and has a window :D Tomarrow i hope to finish the diamond plate and start putting in the components. Who knows i might finidh the case this weekend :clap:

8. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Well i didnt finish it (spent to much time watching the Astro games :rock: )
    Well the reservor sprung another leak :wallbash: getting to be a pain in the rear (should have spent time filing it down before hand). I remounted most of the components and everything booted just fine. Temps are down 1*C with lower CFM fans :eyebrow: . Vantec Steath fans are so quite at 5 volts. Ca n bairly here them over the cdrom and harddrive. Well i need to gain access to a camera to take pics.

9. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Still cant get access to a camera. :wallbash: Well this weekend Imight be able to finish the case. Just need soldier about 10 wires, 20 leds, and alot of sleeving. Also the reservor needs to be fixed. I need some suggestions on the name for the case cause "Project: Industrial" seems to be a little to broad.

10. renimatorius

renimatorius What's a Dremel?

Nice keyboard :rock:

11. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

tHis is a very sweet proj. i cant believe i havent followed it better, cuz this is going to turn out leeT!!!11!!11!1

12. The Lost Monk

The Lost Monk What's a Dremel?

That thing is so cool :rock:, keep it up

13. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Update!!

Well Its RUNNING :clap:

[​IMG]

The wallpaper. You can see the refresh rate on the camera

[​IMG]

The reservor mounted and no leaks :clap:

[​IMG]

The right side.

[​IMG]

The front. Wiring not done yet but its getting there

[​IMG]

The temp monitors. Keyboard doesnt work. (melted the membran)

[​IMG]

Inside the case. Wiring also almost done here to.

[​IMG]

Well all i have to do is finish the wiring and i can consider this mod done :clap:

14. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Update!!!!

Woohoo! Case almost done :clap: But all the components back in and revamped the wiring and fired it up. It runs nice and quite. The keyboard isnt done so the mod isnt complete. Also the drive cover isnt on yet. Fixed all the leaks in the reservor or so i think :sigh: . Well enough small talk time for the pictures!!

This is the overall system. Sry about all the wires.

[​IMG]

mmmm lights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside

[​IMG]

The back. Notice the shiny psu

[​IMG]

My DIY led fans. They are Vantec 120mm Steath Fans with 2 leds mounted on the sides.

[​IMG]

The front panal with missing cover

[​IMG]

Nice shot of the psu

[​IMG]

Close up on volt meter

[​IMG]

Lights on

[​IMG]

Well what do you guys think?

15. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

:drool: Nice.

16. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

this mod is great. you really have captured that industrial theme. i love the keyboard ideas and you have given me some great ideas for my own keyboard.

17. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

that is friggen SW33T!! Really nice mod, man. Keep 'em coming. Well, i guess you deserve a little rest....

VERY NICE JOB!!! A+ ;)

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

18. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

Very, very nice job. Keyboard mods are really original, love imbedded display's, might have to mimic you on that one!

19. gigik

gigik What's a Dremel?

nice

very nice, keyboard with lcd==cool

maybe change front fans to a clear green lighted fans (like in the back in the psu)

20. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

:yawn: That sticker on the windows is not nice.