1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ratpads

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by RTT, 29 Mar 2002.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

kanus : PCMods, tell em BiT sent ya ;)

2. CDX74

CDX74 What's a Dremel?

ratpadz own :)

i've got 2 now, the very first one, and the new flaming hardocp one :) i must say, my intelli explorer 3.0 loves it :D

f**k everglide :p

3. quack

quack Minimodder

::sulk::

Somehow one of the cute lil feet has dropped off my ratpad :cries:

Is there somewhere I can buy a replacement... or a full set to replace them all in one go. I can't tell if the foot was missing before it arrived or if it had fallen off in the packaging, as I wasn't at the office when it arrived, and someone had so kindly opened it for me :miffed: (I prefer to assume it had fallen off in the packaging, so it's not anyone's fault)

Apart from that slight annoyance... damn this is one fine pad woot!!

4. RTT

RTT #parp

you should be able to find some of the pads at a hardware (no not computer hardware ;) ) store / DIY store.

i've seen them on sale pretty cheap, if not, then just glue it back on!

5. Dragon

Dragon What's a Dremel?

If you've got a ball mouse, the icemat is much better than the ratpad

6. banished

banished Necromodder

I have a ratpad and an intellimouse cordless optical. I find that there is a tracking problem when you move your mouse quickly. Sux when it happens in FPSs. I was thinking of painting the surface to be not as reflective, or maybe lightly sanding it, any suggestions, ideas?

7. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

A chink in the great armour of the ratpad finally shows :). Never used one, just never heard a complaint before.

8. Arcane

Arcane Minimodder

That's the first complaint I've heard from one as well.....I'll have to look into it more...got a few friends that are sporting them.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

9. Necrosis

Necrosis What's a Dremel?

Have you tried any other optical mice with it? I used to have one myself, and used a Logitech Mouseman & Dual Optical on it. I never had any problems with tracking. The reason I sold it is because it was kinda big for my desk so I purchased the smaller Everglide. I've heard that the cordless mouse are not as responsive as their corded brethren. Maybe you could try some strong cleaner to maybe dull the surface a little.

10. banished

banished Necromodder

No, I haven't, after spending about $75 on the mouse (I bought it the week they came out), I don't feel like spending money on another mouse at this time (too many other things to buy). The mouse works ok on my desk, but I was trying to get the ease of movement that the ratpad gives. As far as that goes, it works great, but It jsut loses tracking.

11. macroman

macroman The One

When I reviewed the MS Wireless Explorer I was not impressed with it's tracking performance especially on Ratpad/Everglde surfaces. When you consider it's price it really should have better performance.

12. banished

banished Necromodder

When I bought it, it was the only wireless optic mouse available and I had been trying to choose between an optical and a cordless mouse. It just seemed the perfect mouse at the time. I have been thinking about upgrading to a wireless explorer, do you know if it is much of an upgrade (as far as tracking and durability go)? Also does anyone know if it tracks well on the ratpad?

13. macroman

macroman The One

14. banished

banished Necromodder

That sux, I really like using a wireless optical. So, it looks like I will keep the ratpad in storage until they some out with dual optic cordless mice (or at least something better).

15. dwace

dwace What's a Dremel?

Go with Ratpads.

It's better what more can I say.:D

Tags: Add Tags