1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Plans for MATX in latest sockets?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aa-chan, 11 Oct 2004.

1. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I was wondering if anyone had heard of any plans to bring things like Socket 775 and 939 to MATX motherboards? Also, what about PCI-E?

I was surprised that there aren't that many MATX Socket 754 motherboards, but I'd like to think that companies will start to develop them as they offer great performance for LAN-ing, but with the ease of transport :) .

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

As I recently jumped over to MATX I have to agree, I'm really hoping that they do bring these technologies to the MATX form factor. IMO Matx is great more flexabilty than shuttles but without the bulk of huge atx based comps.

3. Maximilium

Maximilium What's a Dremel?

4. Risky

Risky Modder

www.dabs.com have that i925 model plus five more intel matx bords for i915

5. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

Wow, they have moved fast. I haven't seen any Socket 939 boards yet though and I'm still not sure about the performance of the Socket 775 chips.

We'll have to wait and see :) .

6. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

im also hoping to see some more A64 mATXs, I would have thought that the DFI LAN PARTY board would have been a mATX as theyre smaller for lans :hehe: I hope they do bring out a dfi lan party matx that would be great :) top quality and nice UV reactive stuff :thumb:

7. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

There are a few DFI boards, but not LanParty ones. Only problem is sourcing these boards :sigh: .

8. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

yeh, Ive not seen ANY DFI mATXs for sale, but ive seen them on DFI's website... kinda weird that they exist but arent for sale :eyebrow: Im probs gonna get the gigabyte mATX board for my build :thumb: probs wont be great for an OC but it seems to be the best available...

Tags: