1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Kazaa loses P2P crown

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 12 Oct 2004.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

The King is dead, long live the Donkey? this from news.com:

Kazaa, once the top Net nemesis of record companies and movie studios, appears to have lost its role as the world's most popular file-swapping software, network watchers said Monday.

According to BayTSP, a California firm that monitors file-swapping networks on behalf of entertainment companies, Kazaa rival eDonkey was the most widely used peer-to-peer application last month.

Kazaa's lead on rivals has been sliding for more than a year--at least since the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) started filing lawsuits against individual file swappers, with a focus on the Kazaa network. But many observers say Kazaa simply hasn't kept up with the technological times.

"We've known that trend was coming," said BayTSP Chief Executive Mark Ishikawa. "It was just a matter of time. eDonkey is a much better protocol for large files."

more here

2. xckid082488

xckid082488 Banned

/me uninstalls stupid k++, downloads eDonkey2000

3. timbudtwo

timbudtwo What's a Dremel?

what...

Why would you even think of using either of those programs? Virus chances are always high.

Soulseek and Bittorrent. The only programs you need, they get the job done right. BT has a slight risk but not from the most popular tracker (if you dont know what im talking about, you sohuld cut off your big toe.) Soulseek finds everything down to playfair it just has queue...

4. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

kazaa has been dead... ever since everyone figured out there was loads of spyware and adware installed with it... plus the fact that 80% of the files are viruses in disguise made by stupid people for stupid people (people who distribute a music file as an EXE)..

5. timbudtwo

timbudtwo What's a Dremel?

Brittany spears nude.jpeg.exe

OMG HAVE TO GET IT

6. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Ares is the only p2p you will ever need..

7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

My cable got shut off because of bit-torrent...... :wallbash:

8. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

So they took your service away because you were using a bit-torrent??!!?? Thats just not right... On another note I have always hated kazzaa because of all the spy-ware, mal-war, trojans and etc. All my (stupid) friends say "Well kazzaa lite doesnt have that stuff. It says so on their site" and im like "Go jump off a bridge you gullible moron" and i get the deer in headlights look everytime. Saying their name is written on the celiling woek everytime too. I just built a machine for a client and the first think his sister did was go to letssingit.com (DONT GO THERE, FULL OF BAD JUNK) and the computer was infested with all sorts of bad stuff. And i re-formated it and give it back (i also blocked www.letssingit.com from being accessed). Guess what happend the next day.. The guy downloaded Kazzaa lite and it became infected yet again. So i re-formated it and gave it back (same site blocked too) and i told him dont if your gonna download a p2p program, check with me first. As of the currnt build, no harmful stuff. (*knocks on wood*)

9. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

I forgot to mention that it was shut off because my room mate was caught downloading Gladiator. Odd part is he downloaded it a month ago.

I’ve use Kazaa light for when I can’t find certain things elsewhere. I only once in my years of kazaa have gotten a virus from it, but it never infected me.

10. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

kazaa died ages ago. Useless crap software.

11. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

lol i don't get virus from kazaa lol ... its just silly people who down load silly .exe **** lol

Tags: Add Tags