1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: EvoX - UV Gaming PC -- DEAD!! Look for MJOLNIR...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G4m3R_X3r0, 17 Sep 2004.

1. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmmmm nice case indeed, i have always wanted that exact one just never got the money, but any way the paint stripping looks good, can't wait to see your idea's inspired by the black plexi

2. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Inside Hardware

Well, here is some of the hardware going inside my PC that i have at the moment
    [​IMG]
    DFI LAN-party NForce 2 Ultra (I have REV_A not B couldn't find a pict)

[​IMG]
    this one needs no explination you all know what it is...

[​IMG]
    Cruical PC2700 512MB RAM X2 (Sidenote: I'm getting a 2nd exact model number to make it dual channel :))

This next pic is on my shoping list, which will also give away my Project theme for the inside of the case.
    [​IMG]
    I saw this PSU and I was like, yeah buddy thats going inside my rig to finish off the black and UV green theme. So yes, I start work on my case again this week now that i am on Vacation. I need to order a new front pannel door and a side pannel. Question for everyone tho, does anyone happen to know where i can find smoked Plexi?? Let me know

Last edited: 1 Oct 2004
  3. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Great start, stripping the old paint right off is pro, and will ensure no nasty edges or paint sink-backs when painted.
    Personally i think they a great modders case, like you my first modded/posted case was a chiftech(antec rip).
    Your off to a great start mate! keep up the good work :)

oh yer! where did you see that PSU??

4. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

I don't.... what are the specs?? is it a radeon 9700 pro, or a 98 pro or xt? and what brand is it? although it sais ATI it might be a sapphire... :rolleyes:

5. G4m3R_X3r0

I found the PSU at Xoxide.com, but they also have one over at FrozenCPU.com gotta save my money to get that bad boy but it's going to be awesome when i'm done with it.

It's a Radeon 9600XT, I have plans to put a 3rd party cooler on it but i'm not sure who or what to use, any ideas???

2nd Does anyone know where i can find smoked Plexi here in the states???

6. Acid Burn

for the third party cooling... I have a radeon 9600 PRO Ultimate Edition.. it has a heat sink on it that's attached to both the front and the back.. since my little heat sink can easily cool my 9600 Pro.. I think this should do the trick for you..

Zalman Heat sink

I probably shouldn't advertise for frozen cpu since they didn't want to send me new leds when they sent me the wrong color, but anyways....

They sell it here....

and if you have the space required, you might want to take a look at this....

7. G4m3R_X3r0

Looks like a great heat sink just one prob tho... It's Blue, my case theme is Green and black... Any others out there just as good?

8. renimatorius

renimatorius What's a Dremel?

I want that PSU :waah:

9. Acid Burn

they sell one in black as well :) but i think it's a little bit older since it's cheaper.... frozencpu also sells a heat sink in chrome/silver/aluminium/steel...

10. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

(quote) I saw this PSU and I was like, yeah buddy thats going inside my rig to finish off the black and UV green theme. So yes, I start work on my case again this week now that i am on Vacation. I need to order a new front pannel door and a side pannel. Question for everyone tho, does anyone happen to know where i can find smoked Plexi?? Let me know (quote)

You can just buy some window tint.....

11. G4m3R_X3r0

I know isn't it nice??

Anyways Acid, the Areocool one is kinda big and not really what i'm looking for, the zalman one i might actually think of picking up... Looks cool, no pun intended. What about CPU coolers, I was looking at a thermaltake volcano 12+ but now i'm not sure, i want something that is good for over clocking when i get my 2800+ chip. :)

12. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

Nice looking PSU for sure. You can hook up SATA stuff with that and your mobo, right?

13. Acid Burn

well... I think this one will do the trick :) (you can buy it from several web stores, but since you're maybe going to buy the vga cooler, you might throw this one in as well to save money on shipping).

since your theme color is green you might fit this fan on top of the heat sink.

but if you really want to overclock, you should buy the 120mm Delta fan. it sounds like a vacumcleaner, but will blow your head off if you hold it infront of you while it is running. (both volume and air flow will ofcourse be redused if you use a fan controll :thumb:

14. G4m3R_X3r0

Hoyl hell i don't even think i'll have room for that in the case?! that thing is huge!! :eeek:

15. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Nice :thumb:

One thing I've noticed - doesn't the fan on the cpu heatsink resonate through the case, as it looks like it's literally sat on the metal plate you've added to cover the psu area? Or have you put some noise dampening stuff between it and the metal?

16. G4m3R_X3r0

going to be putting some Antec slicon gasgets in the case too to keep the noise down.

EDIT: Hey does anyone know anything about these?
    [​IMG]
    Are they better then CCFL Kits, I have a dual UV one but i have this big fear of the inverter going AWOL, and i'm trying to find an alternative to them.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2004
  17. G4m3R_X3r0

Again with the DBL Post, wow i'm a nØØb!! :)

Hi guys, been inactive on my case for awhile but i've been working so much havn't had time to sit down and mod, but i have time this sunday. Anyways i have a question that i hope some of you modders here in the states can help me out with.

QUESTION: Does ANYONE know, where I can find these 2 Items here in the U.S.?

ITEM I -- Dark Smoked type Plexi Glass (The kind that was used on BLISS UNLEASHED

ITEM II -- An online reseller for the Alphacool water block featured here, i'm looking this one in particular.

[​IMG]
    For my 9600XT

Obviously i've chosen to go the water cooling route, so i'm trying to get my part together and get prices. I'll have more picts this sunday night or so, it's going to be minor, but it will be stuff none the less, i'll check back in on sunday! :D

18. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Personally I'd skip the water cooling and instead buy a new video card (a 9800pro maybe)... 9600xt's are getting to be weak for today's games...

Plus; 9600xt's don't even get hot enough to generate enough heat to need more than minor air cooling... unless you're going to overclock it, which will most likely get you nice artifacts (A known problem when overclocking ati cards)

19. G4m3R_X3r0

I'm happy with my XT card, but i also herd a rumor that you could buy a 9800 Pro SE and flash the bios on it with the 9800 XT Pro bios and it works anyone else here of this?

20. AMD_Junk13

AMD_Junk13 What's a Dremel?

Try this link:

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=92&var2=0

For cooling that 9600XT I recommend this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-186-114&depa=0

And as for OCing a 9600XT, they do well and go high, but no need for WC. Would be a waste of money.

Edit: As for those giving this guy a hard time, is this the way you treat new modders. Don't you have anything better to do? ffs what's wrong with you? (You know who you are).

Last edited: 16 Oct 2004