1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows questions about MS access

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheForumMonkey, 14 Oct 2004.

1. TheForumMonkey

TheForumMonkey What's a Dremel?

Alrighty, just a few questions...

Is it possible that i can allow a user to click on a ? or even text to display a breif message describing the field or similar?

how do i change the normal grey colour of the menu bars (i.e. skin it) if this is possible?

how do i make a msg box appear on opening of the database, giving information?

I have basic knowlege of macros and I presume this is how i achieve what i want to, help will be appreciated, thanks.

2. BenJ

BenJ What's a Dremel?

Hi

Q1. In the properties you can type in the 'ControlTip Text' any text you want to be diplayed. The text will appear when you hold the mouse cursor over it.

Q2. The toolbars and button faces will display the colours of the users desktop. You can set the forms 'Back Color' to -2147483633. This will make the forms match the desktop settings.

Q3. While I don't know if you can get a Msg Box to appear at startup, you can specify which form you want to open on startup. Using this you can type the message on the form and then have the user click a button to close it.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your project.

Regards
    BenJ

3. TheForumMonkey

TheForumMonkey What's a Dremel?

thanks, much appreciated, just familiarising myself with the program before i start with it in uni!

Tags: