1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ATI9800 and Nivida PCI on same mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djtitan, 25 Oct 2004.

1. djtitan

djtitan What's a Dremel?

I have an 9800pro powering two displays and I am sick of having to loose the second to power the TV. I was looking around and some of the Nividia cards (has to be PCI) are a lot cheeper that ati ones with similar specs. My questions is: can I use one of each (ATI and Nividia). I know that the hardware specs will work, my only concern is the drivers for the cards conflicting.

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've heard of it working before, I'd try and get a display only driver for the PCI card and install that by means of device manager for the lowest chance of them fighting. At least I've heard of nVidia cards and ATi TV tuners.

3. Monster63385

Monster63385 What's a Dremel?

ati and nvidia drivers don't play to nice together, you're best off getting a radeon 9200 pci version, or get an ati tv tuner card, most of them have tv output of thier own.

4. borals

borals What's a Dremel?

Yeah that's what I had to end up doing and the TV tuner card I got had different drivers altogether which didn't interfere with my primary gfx card.

Tags: