1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Added a few things - Unfinished Lain Li [Warning 56k]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dash, 1 Nov 2004.

1. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

I was bored this weekend so I did a few things. I know its nothing big but I liked the way it turned out I guess :eek:

First I had recieved a 20x4 VFD from fohkus which I bought from the forums this week.(Thank you again btw :rock: )

So I made a bracket for it using some spare aluminium from my old lian li from when I cut out the window.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know I need to fix the rheobus bay but I haven't got around to making one from a lian li bay yet :duh:

Next I took out the casing of my power supply and cut a hole on the side so that way the wires come out from the back side and not from the front anymore. I like it this way becuase it looks cleaner not seeing the wires. Well at least for me lol. I still need to cover the hole on the front, maybe cut a new front panal out of some sheet metal.

[​IMG]

Lastly I couldn't afford to chrome my side panels so I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a 16x12 chrome sheet for a $1.25 and put into the sides, drives and buttom to give the mirror effect. I know its not the best but for $1.25 its all I could afford without shelling out for polish or chrome(maybe later).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well thats it I guess I hope you guys like it :worried:

Last edited: 1 Nov 2004
  2. dj_2004

dj_2004 What's a Dremel?

wow i like it, nice hdd window (does it still work?). did you chrome the inside or is that a sticker type thing?

3. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

Thanks, unfortunately the hard drive only lasted about 6 months and then it died . I just use it as a decoration piece now lol. And yeah its not chromed(i wish it was but I don't have the money). I just cut out the paper chrome thing and pasted it on.

4. blknoel

blknoel What's a Dremel?

I like the VFD and cable Tidying :D. Good work :thumb: !

5. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

The VFD is one helluva good job! :thumb:

6. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Nice, but still needs work. First, please arrange your drives logically. It this were my case i'd have:

Stealthed Slot Load
    Stealthed (totally) CD Drive
    VFD (albeit, center it in that chunk of alu)
    Rheobus
    NewEQ

Also, you could use a wee bit of sleeving on the inside, and to hide that graphics card power wire. Nice idea about the chrome-a-stick, looking forward to seeing more!

7. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

Thanks all , yeah I know I still have alot of work to do and thats why its still unfinished :waah:

I will try switching the drives around tonight

Thanks again :)

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

wat u change ur grapchis card every day!??!?!

9. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

heh yeah I actually had just got my 9800 pro back while taking the pics...RMA

So I popped it in and took one with it :D

10. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

whats that thing that looks like a cd player? ive seen it in someone elses computer before but i never asked what it was

11. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

The top one? Its a NewQ Equalizer. It not the best one in the world but I like it

12. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

so it just displays the sound stuff? how much is it? looks cool (no extra drive bays though)