1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Industrial Progress 12/29/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Rekarp, 4 Jul 2004.

1. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Hello again, thx for the support

I already have a new project instore after this.

Thankyou. I will be doing a guide on it if i ever get around to it.

I dont want to change them. First, I couldnt find any quite one'shat lit up so i made some. And it would take to much tme to change them.

Not nice? I think it turn out very well. And i didnt want to test my etching skills on Uv plexi that i have limit supply.

Got more pictures and i finished the case completly. Also the keyboard is assemblyed but im disappointed at the effect the leds gave it. I have to put more leds in it. And the letters will have to be put on.

The front drive cover covered
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top and bottom of the keyboard. I dont know why i painted the bottom of the keyboard yellow. Just did. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The leds on. As i said im disappointed with the effect. I wanted an over all glow. :sigh:
    [​IMG]

The LCD unit. Its almost done, only thing left is to clean up the metal frame.
    [​IMG]

thx for all the support people :thumb:

2. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

How did u wire in the volt meter? I did :search: but couldn't find where u described it. (point me to the #?)

I had thought to do something similar in my case thinking I was being original, then found 3 other people doing it on the same day. D'oh!

I'll still do it tho. I like it and it's my case. :p

3. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

I never described how i wired it so i will. It is basicly wired parrallel to the fans. For the leds the is a bit-tech article. But i used 5mm leds instead.

4. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

I realy like the way the underglow came out on the keyboard. Fits nicely with the industrial theme. And the temp gauges in the keyboard look fantastic, great idea. I did not read all of the thread, did you get the keyboard working again?

JEEVES

5. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

yes i did get it working. I bought a "doner" keyboard that was exactly the same as the one i was working on. Just took the parts from it and put it in the modded one.

6. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

Doh, all the good things people have been sayin about this proj. had me jumpin out of my seat to see it and there it was in all its glory....bandwidth exceeded, no pics. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: please fix em im so damn curious to see this mod.

7. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

So the meter is just reading the voltage going to the fans, nothing else?

8. H2O-G33K

H2O-G33K What's a Dremel?

No pics for me :waah: Ya need to do something about your photobucket!

9. CT-Petzolinni

CT-Petzolinni What's a Dremel?

idd I also want to see your work.
    I hope your bandwith will be soon back.

10. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

UGGg :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
    I dislike photobucket so much
    Makes me angry. :wallbash:
    I have to wait a month for it to reopen it
    I going to make a new account tommarow since i cant today.
    But you can view it at here , here, and here

edit got a " real" account

edit after one hour of copy and pasting i finally got all the pictures up. And sry for the inconvience. Some pics will never come back as i have no backup and one account is gone :sigh:

Last edited: 2 Nov 2004
  11. CT-Petzolinni

CT-Petzolinni What's a Dremel?

woow nicely modded.

12. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Well after calming down after the photobucket crisis, i decided to paint "something" on the big blank spot on the right side of the case. I need ideas on this so comments are welcome. I had an idea of spraying my nick (rekarp) on the side. Also i sick of the name "Project Industrial" and want to change it to something else. Ideas plz :idea: .

13. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

come on people i need an idea for the right side its just blank :sigh: . I was thinkin of putting Rekarp on it diangol. What ever it will be it will be painted in ethier the faded yellow or the silver paint. Please help me with an idea.

14. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

Try to use Glow wire instead of LEDs. The effect will be much better :idea:

15. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

i was thinking of glow wire but i would have to get the inverter in there. Wait tthey make keyboard ones right?

/me checks ebay

16. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

sry about the long delay. Have finals and school to worry about. Well with the up coming Christmas break i decided to but all efforts to get the case done in the 2 weeks i have off.

List off what you guys can look foward to

1. Pump Shielding and noise reduction
    2. Pci slot concealment
    3. Take paint off the Door panal and polish it
    4. Finish the right panal with a Aluminum Cutout
    5. Reorganize the wires
    6. Finish the keyboard
    7. Refitt the front plexi
    8. Done!

will start this friday i hope

17. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

UPDATE!

Sry for the lack of updates. Been busy with finals, car wreck, and christmas to work on the case but i was able to do some small things. I was able to make a cover for the pci slots, and im half way done with making the pump shielding.
    This is the case as of right now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the pci slot cover i was talking about. It hides the video card (FX5500), Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, and my netgear wireless net card. I have removed the slot fan so that the sound card to go in and to improve airflow down there i built the pci cover to help direct airflow from the radiator to that region. With it it lowed the temp about 2-3* F in the area.
    [​IMG]

This is the pump shield which is almost done.What it lacks is a steel shield inside the aluminum casing. To make it i bought an aluminum project box from my local electronics store and measured the pumps fittings. THe all i had to do was drill the holes. I also surround the pump in a high density foam to reduce vibrations and niose and the pump is silent.
    [​IMG]

The side panal design was created in ACAD and printed on a ploter a school. Im hoping to get hold of a plasma cutter or something to cut it out. I was thinkin of using a CNC router but i decided i want the molten edge look.
    [​IMG]'

This is the entire set up. Notice the massive side panal between the comp and monitor acting as a shield.
    [​IMG]

The wallpaper on the monitor might give a hint on my future project. :D

THats it till i finish my keyboard and the side panal. :)

18. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

looks sweet!!! so tell us about this car wreck lol.