1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project bLu3's TRINITY (blue, white and chrome) BIG UPDATE 06.Feb 2005

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bLu3, 4 Oct 2004.

1. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

@modsquad: here i found pic of the cooler where you can see the two materials

[​IMG]

these arte the screws i'll use for mounting the polished top plate. i also polished them. you can see the original screws on the left side of the image.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Nov 2004
  2. NEOBOB22

NEOBOB22 What's a Dremel?

AWESOME polishing ! how do you do that ?? (on the 360 mm "fan plate") :rock:

3. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

it's just polishing with this clothes (you need some special "chalk", there are different grainsizes - it's more like a paste):

here you can see me polishing my heattrap waterblocks:

[​IMG]

(the polishing paste lies infront of the mobile - the white bar)

[​IMG]

here's the result (these blocks were used in my pc71 case):

[​IMG]

at the end you clean it with some white chalk, whick gets the last dirt out of the pores (can you say it this way 'round?! :) )

4. nissmo300

nissmo300 What's a Dremel?

any updates :cooldude:

5. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

yea i learned about polishing in 8th grade with manufacturing. We had to polish our plexi edges we cut and smoothed out from the "candy dish" (it was an ash tray) we had to let the polish wheel on and then take some waxy like brick and give it a quick buzz before we could polish.

6. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Updates?

- H.

PS: Subscribing.

7. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Polish it all! Shiny everything!!!

8. NOMIS

NOMIS What's a Dremel?

Awesome mod man, that blue plexi looks really really really wicked :thumb: And the shinyness of everything is also real cool :)

Keep it up :thumb::thumb:

9. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Nice work mate, subscribed :D

10. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

hi folks! :)

it's been a long time and nothing happened so far :waah: so many ideas so little time. i am going to cut aluminium cubes with threaded holes for mounting the plexi construction in the lower part of my case this weekend (hopefully). i also have to get my 2 reservoirs which are still waiting for me for more than 1 month at my local watercool shop... updates will follow soon :)

11. Yaik

Yaik What's a Dremel?

looking forward the continuation of this mod :thumb:

12. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

You're the king of polish! Great MOD. I'm wathching your MOD with special interest, because I am modding a Lian Li PC-V2000 myself at the moment ( not a black one, but the clean aluminium case ) I'm having some problems due to lack of space in the case :D Not that the case is small, but I want to put in so much. Looking forward to an update of your MOD!

13. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

you are like the king of bling, that's some really nice work polishing and that's really nice hardware.

14. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

You are 100% correct bLu3...Your v2000 is looking great...
    PS: I have since "stepped-away" from the Innovatek and ordered a Aqua-Computer AquagraFX 6800 (there was no such thing when I got the Innovatek NV40), copied from you and ordered a AC FX6800 (hard to get in SlaughterHouse5,but AC gear is worth the wait)..You know the funny thing, AC came out with an REV2 that has a copper core (option). The REV.1 (which is what I have ) is the solid aluminium body model. The REV2 has a "spring-loaded" aluminium or copper core. Lets see more pictures please.................

Last edited: 6 Dec 2004
  15. Henrymonaghan

Henrymonaghan What's a Dremel?

some very nice work goin on here, iv fallen in love with the polished aluminum on the top, the whole thing is just so.. clean. very nice!!!! :naughty: keep up the good work

16. TroubledMind

TroubledMind What's a Dremel?

Very nice looking it is really interesting what you have done so far and I think it will turn out great.

17. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

looks real gud wat ur doin BLU3

good wrk :dremel:

18. 330td

330td Minimodder

:clap: Clean job

Good continuation :)

19. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

hi guys,

there's some things goin' on here and i am looking forward t oshow you some pics in the next days. i will get my new reservoirs today and cut the aluminium cubes tommorow. i won't polish them, as they will be completely covered by the blue plexi construction in the lower part of the case. and tadaaaa, there's a new cooler available for the 6800 series from Nexxxos, the nvxp:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i will install this instead of the aquacomputer one

stay tuned

20. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

UPDATE 29.Dec. 2004

hi,

finally i managed to build the cubes and the plexi thing for mounting the res' and pump on it. the plexi is the same as i am using for my window and i will place 2 white CCFs inside of the box to illuminate it from inside out. but let the pics speak for themself (the cubes are handcrafted - cut out of aluminium profile, drilled holes and threaded a M3 in it, the polished a little bit)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok, thats it for some more weeks. i have a lot of exams in january and have to prepare for them, so i think it takes some time until the next update.

some things changed in my config:

as i am a proud owner of a 12" apple powerbook, i am not using my pc for about 1 month right now, so i decided to sell my 1GB ram and the 6800ultra, as i will buy a xbox now for playing games. i think its not economically to have a 2000 bucks computer at home and only using it for word, irc, icq and coding... thats why i decided that way.

but i couldn't think of breaking my work on the case after i invested so much time in it before, so i am going to finish that thing :rock: