1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: HYPERCUBE² 21/03/2005 PICTURES FROM CEBIT

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Joungne, 18 Jul 2004.

1. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Totally immersed in this project with great attention to detail and problem solving along the way. Great images, well documented in an easy to read and visual format.

Nice job :rock:

2. fg0d

fg0d Banned

work of art dude, keep the good work up. I knew those LED's would be a good idea. IT really brings out the detail that your case has. Nice work.

3. Carbon

Carbon Banned

I really like the drive plates with the "hypercube2" logo looks great.

4. Alvin

Alvin Guest

I stumbled across you Mod log just the other day. My neck still hurts from the fall :D And it did not help me any that if found myself driven to read the entire thing, and study (read: drawl over) all the pictures.

GREAT WORK. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Next to my keyboard I have a microcontroller (AVR MCU) test setup connected to the serial port, and the MCU has two 256 step LED light regulators.

Did you ever find a way to make that heartbeat simulation for your Mod?

In another thread I also saw you were asking about a way to turn on/off LEDs using the serial port. This same MCU can turn on/off at least 10 groups of LEDs.

For my RC robot car I made a unit that controls 90 I/O pins from the serial port.

Do you want me to tell you more about such a controller? or make you one?

Alvin

5. pr0xZen

pr0xZen What's a Dremel?

Holy Shiat!

I stumbled upon the hypercupe by accident. Best accident yet.

IMO, I'm guessing God is pretty jealous right now!

Seriously - I'm not sure casemodding is seen as art - but if so, this is IMO Mona Lisa. Damn you. How can I sleep knowing this thing is out there ? :eeek:

6. Sozialcyke

Sozialcyke What's a Dremel?

In awe of this piece.

Jounqne,

This is one of the most finely crafted "cases" I have ever seen. I think that this could literally be put in an exhibit hall as a piece. The angles of the windows reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright's design. Just stunning.

Keep the frosted exterior panels. They make the piece glow more. The way I see it, it's more about the shapes of the light than the actual hardware inside.

The UV Leds going was good. I don't think they added to the case (didn't detract either of course).

I've been coming to bit-tech for a while, and I notice that certain cases set trends, ie Macroman started the whole window tinting. I think this case will show a trend towards modders going towards a more neutral lighting instead of the psychadelic, seizure inducing colors you find now.

Great work. Keep it up. Take breaks and breathe when you need it. We'll all be waiting for the finish, but I found the process to be the most interesting :D

BTW, it took me about 2 hours to read this thread from start to finish, and it was worth every minute of my time.

7. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

:)

you guys are really too kind.

Because I am an architect the reference to Frank Lloyd Wright makes me kinda glow.:D But I have to say those lines you are talking about came straight from the hypercube (the movie) so all credits go to them :thumb: .

For me casemodding is sort of an art. I see it as a way of expressing myself. Alot of my visions in architecture are found in the mods I try to make. Its some sort of low cost architecture that is feasible for many people. I think everyone wants to express themselves in a way that suits them best. Trough Music, sports, art, politics,... and for a lot of (young) people its modding their beloved comp. Trying to make it unique. I guess I just wanted to do the same.

greetz,

Joungne

8. korben

korben What's a Dremel?

Right, my boss will probably kill me if he found out, cause I've just spent an hour reading this entire log... :D

Amazing craftsmanship, can't wait to see the rest! :thumb:

9. Sozialcyke

Sozialcyke What's a Dremel?

BTW, as far as the open PSU goes, with EMI problems, it looks like your solution should work fine. If you open up an XBox, the HD sits right on top of the PSU, which has no shielding. If it's good enough for Microsoft, it should be good enough for you

10. Gizmo

Gizmo What's a Dremel?

Well if it good enough for microsoft I would check it myself if it is good enough for yourself :p

11. maffia933

maffia933 What's a Dremel?

AAAAAAWWWWWWSSSSSSOOOMMMMEEEEEEEE DUDE!!!!! :jawdrop: :rock:
    dremel on:p

12. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Looks really good. Keep it up. :thumb:

13. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

Your attention to detail is amazaing :jawdrop:

Nice wiring, polished HHDs and the whole idea of course :hip:

I am looking forward to see the finish of this work of art :clap: :clap:

14. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

Project HYPERCUBE² DAY 26

08/11/2004 DAY 26

Its been a very busy time for me. I wasnt able to do a lot lately. This weekend I couldnt resist anymore, the white film on the RVS had to go. I know the mod isnt finished yet, but its almost there. Still waiting on a small part, and I think it could stay away for more then a week. So tonight I did a little photoshoot. I wanted to know how it would look wih a white background. I used a fresh bedsheet for the background (hope my girlfriend doenst mind ;). Also a lot of you guys were asking for pictures in daylight or spotlight. So thats what I focused on.
    After 30 minutes in Photoshop, putting some text on the pictures and cropping them nicely, here is the result.
    I really hope you'll like it.
    At the moment I'm designing something new for the cube (yes it still isnt finished) I'll keep you updated what it is when I'm a little further in the designing process, but I think its gonna be a very nice surplus to the cube.

For now, enjoy the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not really an update but a teaser ;-)
    Next update when I'm ready...

If you want to see the pictures in full detail, just ask and I'll try to put them online (they are 3000x2000 pixels)

Greetz,
    Joungne

15. ClearCaseMan

ClearCaseMan Acrylic GOD

I wouldnt ask you to put them all online but I would love to see a couple of them.

it is truly a awsomw rig.

16. Zepolcire

Zepolcire What's a Dremel?

"No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet." -Ellie Arroway from Contact
    :rock: :rock:

17. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

congratulations! you have mannaged to make the mose awsome cube i have ever seen! i have been following this from the start, and been enjoying every minute!
    amasing progress, and fantastic ideas and designs. my vocabulary isn't large enough to describe how great this is.

18. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

Hey Clearcaseman, I'll try to put a few online.

PS. :Can you edit your post without the pictures?

greetz,

Joungne

19. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: nuff said... *clean's up puddle of drool*

20. Bradish

Bradish What's a Dremel?

Wow. You have truely proved yourself as of one of the Hall of Fame Modders, at least in my book:D

Very nicely done.