1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Microsoft Gamevoice

Discussion in 'Modding' started by '99, 6 Nov 2004.

1. '99

'99 What's a Dremel?

Hi

My Microsoft Gamevoice, which I only use because of the build in speaker -> headset switch, is beginning to cause noice when switching.
    Is it possible to make a speaker -> headset switch, using some kind og Flip-Flop instead of a normal mechanical switch? and maybe build in a volume control using touch bottons?

2. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

3. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

nah only kidding i will be more helpful than that.

First of what type of interface do you want?

Do you want a touch sensor that toggles it when u touch it, if so do u want an LED to show u the state?

Also you can just use any slider switch (alough because its audio gold is better) and do it.

4. '99

'99 What's a Dremel?

-> TheAnimus

Touch switch or button to toggle between speakers and headset. A LED maybe a duo-LED to show state, and a volumen control.... best if is is solid state (less noise)... if possible LED's to show volumen.
    It's getting complicated.... my thoughts came across the idea, of using USB to control the volumen, by controling the mixer in WinXP. By doing that, you reduse the noise. Many keybords offers this feature, but they don't offer the switch'ing function.

Sorry for my bad english.

5. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

You can use relays or solid-state switches.

6. '99

'99 What's a Dremel?

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

[QUOTE='99]Came across this scematic in another thread http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=769208#post769208 .
    But according to "cpemma" it's not optimal for soundcard output's. What do I need to change, in order to get it to work?[/QUOTE]
    That's an audio power meter DickH found, designed to measure up to 30V AC from across an 80W speaker. For a soundcard vumeter the signal will be nearer 1V AC max, so it may need a low-gain op-amp at the front end and no LM3915 range reduction apart from a simple volume control.

Nowt to do with your switch needs though. :confused: