1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They're catching on...

Discussion in 'General' started by Pistol, 9 Nov 2004.

1. Pistol

Pistol Guest

I've noticed in forums all across the internet, if someone can't find info they post and ask about it. "Where can I find blah blah blah"

then, this is what really gets me:

"I searched but I couldn't find anything PLZ HELP!"

What people are doing are searching ONCE for a general or very, very specific topic, in one forum. When I go to search and make sure, I come up with maybe 10 posts, at least, on said subject/topic.

Perhaps we should amend the forum rules to read: "Use the seach INCLUDING GOOGLE, a website seperate from Bit-Tech, but used by everyone here to FIND THINGS they can't find here at Bit-Tech."

A little too over the top? Maybe...maybe not :idea:

2. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

I think part of the problem is not everyone knows the specific search term for what they want to search for. Ie "windows custom install" brings up different results compared to "windows unattended install". (bad example, but all I could think of at the time).

saying that though, more often then not it is down to pure laziness.

3. relix

relix Minimodder

If they say "I couldn't find anything" they probably mean "anything useful". Sometimes though, it indeed is lazyness.

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

From the Electronics forum Useful Links, top of the first post in the thread,
    Doesn't seem to do much good...

But that's why we're all here, to help the lame as well as to show and discuss our ideas. That's a community. :rock:

5. arsenala13

arsenala13 What's a Dremel?

Personally, I try to :search: multiple times on a site using every different phrase or keyword combinations I can, but I always get about 50 threads that say 'n00b question' or 'omg wtf sony lcd'

Searching thuroughly(sic) is important, but it'd be nice if everyone posted threads with an actual title and not a slur of incorherances.

*shuts up*

6. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

no one reads FAQs anyway.. so what's the point..