1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Quake 4!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gladius, 9 Nov 2004.

1. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

I cant wait for Quake 4 to come out...
    except not many pc's will be able to run becaus of the super graphics, considering they are running q4 off the doom 3 engine just they have suped up the graphics alot... its crazy :rock:

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Um.. itll just be Doom 3 based, but tweaked id guess. I doubt itll be revolutionary either as its quake, and youll get people complaining as usual blah blah "its boring, there's nothing new..".

3. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

Arent we the voice of optimism ;)

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I cant get over my British cynism sorry. Ive no doubt itll be a good, very graphical intensive game to play and as stuff gets faster, a faster game to play too. However, i GURANTEE people will say its **** or unoriginal because they dont get some sort of orgasmic sense of satisfaction out of it. They dont seem to realise that itll be Quake, as it always has been..

5. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Agreed. Just like people were excpecting Doom III to be other then well. Doom.. Personally if Im gonna wet my pants over graphics Im gonna wait till the new unreal stuff comes out. Those graphics are just sex..

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

by the time that's out, there'l be something else that's in the pipeline that's just sex. and so the saga will always continue.

remember when the first doom3 screenshots came out?

7. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i can remember the first screenshots of 90% of the overhyped drivel in the past few years.

doom 3 would have been better if it wasnt for the hype machine making out it was the last game you will ever buy.

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I don't expect a new car to drive the same way my old car drives. In the same way I didn't expect Doom 3 to be as linear as the old Doom.

I do however expect Quake 4 to be the same as Quake 3 but with better graphics. If they change the physics / gameplay too much then it won't be taken under the wing of the existing Quake community.

I for one am looking forward to some trick jump action and some neat strafe/circle jumping in a new environment.

9. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

hmm, I do tend to agree with Bindi..

- still be fun to play tho.

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Exactly, Doom was supposed to be an 'experience' while Quake should be a game to keep playing for fun or competition.

I love the Quake series.

11. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Is it going to be Quake 3 style or like Quake 2?

I loved quake 2, it was awesome. One of my favourite games ever. Everything about it was sweet, the soundtrack, monsters, envirnment. It was totally enthralling. Quake 3 Arena was OK, but totally different type of game obviously.

12. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Quake 2 based, with squads of marines fighting with you. I think it picks up after Q2 with a second attack on the strogg homeworld, this time its semi sucesfull and its not just you that makes it through. Looks to be alot like a darker version of halo with open environments and team mates. Thats what ive picked up anyway.

13. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

I'm hoping Q4 won't be in 90% darkness like D3 waste of engine!!

14. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

Thing is Quake has never really been about the games its been about the engine and mod potential. Id make an engine that sets the standard. Q3 was well ahead of its time and if you look at the amount of games its been used in, id say theyve done fairly well :)

Also the Q3 mods tend to do fairly damn well too, ra3, cpma, q3ut are all fairly big scenes still...

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think "advertisement" is more appropriate. ;)

buchans - the whole POINT of D3 was cinematic environment! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: *sigh* wasted. If you've read anything ever that JC said about D3 it was he designed the engine in order to create the most realistic lighting possible with using fewer light sources than there was in the older engine. Whereas before developers used to use a dozen lights to get the same effect and shading as 1 or 2 now.

16. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

Has anyone seen screens of the models?...

Well anyway you know how most models are bump mapped to show grooves and such, in Q4 the models are actually like that, not the skin!!! They are also makin it more single player than multi-player. But they'll prolly bring out Q4 Arena or something for us gamers...

*edit*
    I'll try to dig up a pic.

17. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

18. Draxin

Draxin Seeker of Photons

im not allowed to talk about it.

19. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

hmm, that's probably a reference model, before it's dumbed down for the game engine. it's how most character models are made.

20. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

Just try searchin on "google" for sum pics... you'll see wat i mean

Tags: