1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fun things to do in GTA: SA

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by penski, 11 Nov 2004.

1. penski

penski BodMod

To keep this thread disperate from the 'what do you think of...' thread, post what you do to kill time in GTA: SA.

1: steal a train and try and wipe out as many cars as possible when you crash it or just wipe out in as big a manner as you can. (light blue line on image below shows how far I got one carriage to fly...strangely, they float.)

2: get an NRG-500 from the multistory car park (red building below) then do the red circuit (anticlockwise is best) without leaving the two lanes of traffic - no driving down the middle. Then try it into oncoming traffic...

[​IMG]

*n

2. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Take a bycicle the freway. =) If you just pedal fast, the cars pass you, but sprinting you can pass the cars.

Next, try to force a motorcycle (or any other vehicle on the freeway) to stop so you can upgrade from pedal power. What I've learned is unlike GTA 3, San Andreas cars on a feeway don't care if they hit you or not.

And another fun thing is trying to stop another motorcycle when your on a bike yourself. The only thing I could do was run him into a divider under an overpass. =)

L J

3. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Have a good time with ho's :naughty:

4. penski

penski BodMod

Thats what makes speeding around on the racebike so hard...you occasionally get a bike or car flying at you, spinning and rolling.

*n

5. Gangsta

Gangsta Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed :duh:

6. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

Flying around in a hydra (harrier) and blowing the shite out of eveything, then after some air to air fun with "enemy" hydras, practising the art of getting them shot down by there own SAMs at Area 69. :D

7. Kam

Kam What's a Dremel?

I like getting the bike up to as fast as possible then poppin a wheelie RIGHT before I hit the front of a car and see how high I can make myself go or how many cars I can jump over.

8. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Where on the map can you find a Hydra{Harrier} ??

Also how the hell do you get a train, cos everyime i see one it goes speeding past me, and if i follow it it eventaully dissapears.

9. penski

penski BodMod

Get in a car and drie up and down the tracks. When a train passes you, turn around and follow it to a station. It'll slow down enough to get in there.

You don't get a conventional view though - only cinematic.

*n

10. Brillopad

Brillopad What's a Dremel?

you have to complete a mission on the third city/island were you steel a hydra and destroy some other hydras then land it on your own private airstrip. once completd a hydra will spawn in one of the hangers in the same way the other plane does.

great fun to fly about in but i think flying around in the jet pack whilst shooting pedestrians from the sky is more fun :D :rock:

11. K

K 528491

Grab your jetpack or helicopter and head up to Gant Bridge. On the top of the north point is a parachute, on the south is a sign that reads 'There are no easter eggs here. Go away.' :hehe:

12. penski

penski BodMod

Completely by accident, I found a good way to stay alive in a firefight with people on a few sides of you:

Crouch and R1 to aim, once they drop, roll to the right then release R1 and move the stick downwards. If you do it right, you should have rotated about 120 degrees so just hit R1 again to retarget.

*n

13. penski

penski BodMod

Easter Egg:

Look at what is on display behind the counter in Zero's RCs.

*n

PS: Defending Zero's RCs from little planes is ****ing hard.

14. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Back again...

i like jacking a few towtruxks, tactors, and one linerunner with a trailer, connecting them all together, and get a tracker to pull them all :hehe:

15. K

K 528491

Yeah I noticed those too, very cool.

What's harder is the mission afterwards where you have to take out the couriers with the RC plane. It is extremely difficult. I'm glad it's not vital to your progress because I'm halfway through Venturas and am dreading attempting it again. Ugh.

16. penski

penski BodMod

I'm on the ingratiating-yourself-with-the-pimp bit.

Unfortunately, while chasing the reverand's limo, it flipped, blew up and took out the pimpmobile with it >.<

Back to square one...

I found the best thing to use for the Christina Robbery missions was a bike - any bike, preferably a Sanchez because as soon as the police get on your tail, you can just go offroad and high-tail it through the hills.

Question: how many vehicles can you fit in the garage at the..er...garage? I may go and get all my Lowriders tonight and put them in one place.

Best car: Black Cheetah, lowered with Carbon spoiler and a lot of nitrous.

*n

PS: Its a lot harder to get money in San Fierro - I'd normally just go to the hills to the east of Mullholland Intersection and kill Dope Dealers to pick up a few grand easily but not any more :/ I've noticed that the risk in the missions on San Fierro so far is very low - no chance of dying in most of them.

PPS: The Super GT handles like a greased pig on a greased bouncy castle floating in a huge vat of grease within a grease factory.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2004
  17. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Back again...

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: hahahaha :waah: :waah:

18. penski

penski BodMod

Its true though!

Still got Gold in the Driving School though :D

*n

19. Silence

Silence What's a Dremel?

The funniest thing in SA happened to me yesterday while waiting for HL2 to unlock. I was doing a mission that involves taking down 4 or 5 enemy choppers while protecting a friendly chopper. Now, these things move about a bit, and im none to hot with a bazooka.

Just as he last birdy is about to take out the friendly chopper, i fire, and the rocket flies gracefully through the air, narrowly misses the chopper, and shortly after hits a passing plane (looked like a crop duster, but i was concentrating on the chopper). The plane crashes just as my friendly helicoptor gets destroyed. Mission Failed, but a big belly laugh from me :D

20. K

K 528491

Haha, nice. That was a cool mission. I died getting down from the mountain. lol

One time I was just walking around in Los Santos and a Shemal jet crashed into a building above me and landed on a few cars in a huge explosion. I was pretty shook up. Nuts.

Tags: