1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Where to buy Computer parts in France?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jivecat, 9 Nov 2004.

1. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

I recently moved from the US to France for work for at least a year. I'm currently relagated to a Win98 machine from...well...1998 I think :waah: Needless to say this computer existed before simple audio and video capabilities were commonplace in computers.

I need to build me a real computer! Anyone know of any online computer parts vendors in France (or european vendors that ship to france cheap)?

Thanks.

2. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

Nobody? Come on, I'm dyin' here! :sigh:

3. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

you think you have it bad?

You think you have it bad? I just moved to the UAE. :wallbash: Here they have a service by a comany called Aramax. They have a PO box center in Jersey and I have all my stuff shipped there. Then, twice a week they ship it to me here. Freight forwarding. :search: to see if there is anything like that. 1. It allows me to keep an active stateside address. 2. I can use newegg, dispite the fact they dont ship internationaly. Downside--It costs alot to ship big stuff, and they dont guarantee the shipment. I hope that helps.

4. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Hey, Iif you live in France, you have to speak proper french to us the local shops... But try the german shops, mostly cheaper prices and ships pretty fast. caseking.de

5. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

Here's one. Although I did need to translate it into english from french, most of what you need can be found there.

http://www.pc-tuning.fr/

:search:

6. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I just popped into Caseking. It looks nice-they seem to have a great inventory. Even the Lian-Li case parts. The universal CD drive covers are nice. And shipping shouldnt be a problem, if you can read german. But then again, they have lots of nice pictures.

7. Tos

Tos What's a Dremel?

If you live around Paris, there's the asian computer shops hub in Montgallet, Paris 13th district ( Paris 13e, Métro Montgallet ou Daumenil )

It's next to a huge computer store called Surcouf, kinda like a CompUSA, only extremely expensive.

otherwise, there's a few online shops, the best being www.docmicro.com, and a few german shows whose names & URLs I don't remember ;)

PS : good luck in France, it's always tough to move out of country :)

8. maxxbasher

maxxbasher What's a Dremel?

9. bimy

bimy What's a Dremel?

Here is one that is reallllyyyy Cheap! www.alternate.de
    Only thing, you'll have to get your German Dictionnary out, they only speak German... Good Luck! (but at least they are cheap...) :D

10. psycco

psycco What's a Dremel?

Alternate is one of the most expensive online shops for pc parts in germany ..

if you want to buy hardware in german shops, check out www.preistrend.de or www.hardwareschotte.de to find the cheapest offers ... you dont need any knowledge of the language at all to use these sites
    but whatever you do, do never order at norsk-it (!).

i highly recommend www.mindfactory.de

11. bimy

bimy What's a Dremel?

Well its cheaper than caseking... thanks for informing me :D , gonna remove it from my favourites.

12. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

Awsome! Thanks! Even tho most of the sites are german, I think I'll be able to manage :D

Gotta find me a dremel now...

13. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Informative thread, I can now get a 4790k at a normal price. Amazon uk are often cheaper than the shops in France or even amazon France.