1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's WMD - Part 1 CLOSED

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 29 Nov 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Whats wrong with a theme? it helps give a mod direction, and allows the people viewing it to relate to it better.

2. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Its so arty and pointless :yawn: No matter how good it is i cant get that out of my head :wallbash: .

3. Beatbox

Beatbox What's a Dremel?

Err ... if anybody finds my lower jaw, could I have it back please?

BTW, stainless steel, water cooling ... how much is that thing going to weigh when you're done? :eeek:

4. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Awesome mate, truly great work. :thumb:

You clearly take a lot of care and time over your photography as well as the mods (and something I know from reading some of the photo threads here). Just one comment though; barrel distortion - argh! Sorry, and I know you probably don't want to spend so much time on the shots as you'd rather be setting up the bomb. Just, you know, bugs the crap outta me. :waah: Most noticable in this shot.

(I know, I know, there's always one git that picks up on the small things amongst all the awesome-ness-ess-ss). :eek:

5. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Fair comment Hwu. TBH I didn't even notice it :blush: . It doesn't really bother me though. When I look at how wide I had to set the lens and the limited space I had to work in to get the shots, I'm pretty pleased with the results I managed to get. Time pressure to keep things moving along was a factor as well - Despite this, I still spent longer on the photography than on the actual modding :eeek: ! I took around 700 pics of the first stage and around 270 appear in the first article, so there are sure to be more like it. With the photography this time around I made a concious decision to not use a flash. This meant everything was shot under the flouros in my workshop or by natural light. The only drawback was the sloooow shutter speeds and having to wrestle with my crappy tripod all the time, but I much prefer the natural lighting over a flash. :)

6. Etacovda

Agreed :) a flash only shows up imperfections on shiney surfaces anyway. Nice work so far, I think the inside will be most impressive.

7. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

looking class,

i hope you are going to donate it to the people of Iraq once it is all done :naughty: :thumb:

8. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

WOW , Artist/Fabricator Extraodinare!
    I must say , fantastic work G-gnome.
    Your ORAC3 demonstrated your outstanding attention to the smallest details, to create a truly unique PC and was what introduced me to Bit-Tech and the profesional modders here.
    Thank you for inspiring us all
    DB

Last edited: 30 Nov 2004
  9. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

Looks bloody great.

Kinda depressing though tbh, because i know ill never have something that nice. :sigh:

Can you not just build something really crap for once so i can feel better about my PC ?

10. Mvtt

Mvtt What's a Dremel?

OMG :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Amzaing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What ppl can do with a good work place, an idea and good planing !

I love the WMD idea. Im adding this project as my home page :D

11. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

awesome!

unbelievable that the only person able to top orac is the very same g-gnome :D

please don't keep us in suspenders as long as you did with the last projects teasing updates though!

// mmmm, suspenders...

12. SeanMod

SeanMod What's a Dremel?

omfg that mod roxx :rock:
    the whole idea is awsome. the build even better
    three thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

13. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

nice work Ggnome, but you'll never be better then Daryyl the modding genious! :rolleyes:

didn't care for orac3 (i don't like clear cases) but thought you did nice work on it anyways. but this, by far, surpasses it. i thought about doing a computer shpaed like the bomb in cs:s, but this is by far a better idea. :wallbash:

14. GMan

GMan Minimodder

Beautiful! :jawdrop:
    Just one question: How much does it weigh so far? I can't wait to see your solution for transporting it to a LAN party.

15. TechnoScream

TechnoScream Minimodder

** This just adds to my theory that G-gnome is an evil genius ** :worried:

16. Etacovda

One comment - its rather large for a SFF pc! what are the actual dimensions, if you dont mind saying?

17. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Just wow more of the same :jawdrop:

Now, you have to use those 9 numeric number pads for entering like doors and such. Have a pin to unlock the keyboard and mouse. That would pwn.

:rock:

18. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

absolutely stunning :jawdrop:

19. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

290mm diameter, 600mm long (12" dia. x 24"). Too small for ATX and even the shuttle mobo I am using has to go in lengthways. Approx half the inside will be taken up with water cooling (dual loop including 2 pumps, and 2 watercooled PSUs).

As for weight, haven't weighed it yet. I'll wait until its done, but it will be a lot lighter than Orac.

20. DJKuhn

DJKuhn What's a Dremel?

This project surpasses "modding". You've entered the realm of sculpture. Amazing work.

You say your reservoir was inspired by Die Hard's liquid bombs...if so, I can't wait to see what you've figured out as far as coolant is concerned. *adds bit-tech to his daily reads list*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.