1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Help - 2 sets of speakers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kermet, 28 Nov 2004.

1. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

Right, here is the situation, I want to connect amp and speakers up to my PC purely for music / DVDs however I still want all other sounds to come out my normal PC speakers.

I was wondering if this is possible? I.e. outputting to a different port on the card etc.

In addition to my SBAudigyII card I also have onboard sound (currently disabled) so have the option of another sound card though I have heard this can cause problems.

In this case would it be possible to output certain apps such as winamp to the second sound card?

What I'm after is being able to listen to music from my PC without having widows sounds suddenly blast out the same speakers.

Cheers.

2. dom_

dom_ --->

not sure this is possible.
    but surely the easiest option is to disable windows sounds?
    i havnt used any windows sounds except shutdown music for 2years now

3. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

What I ment by windows sounds wasn't just clicks and beeps (most of these are disabled anyhow) but also like having audio from games coming through th PC speakers while music comes out of the other set.

4. igotid24

igotid24 What's a Dremel?

most music apps and such let you specify what device the sound is output to, so its actually very easy to do what you want. You have the windows sound setting to the card hooked up to your pc speakers, and then set the music app to output to the other sound device where your amp and other speakers are connected to.

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I agree...it's just a matter of configuring the programs you want to use the amp and speakers for to output through your Audigy2, and leaving the other speakers as default in Windows

<A88>

6. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

have you tried the open source drivers for your audigy?
    http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

doesnt support EAX3 fully, but is actually not bad for gaming - especially with a 4.1 setup. you can totally (and virtually) rewire all of the ins/outs and add effects where ever you want to in the chain.
    plut, full ASIO support and nifty MIDI remapping.

and the best bit: no more creative bloatware.