1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Diamond Black aka Black Fabio: 22/12 Complete Log

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by gurdas, 30 May 2003.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

are you using the sytem like that cause that radiater can't be getting much air flow as there itsn't hardly any are through that front fan unles syou cut a hold in the front i know your gonna put the rad on the top which is a a better option.

2. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

no offense but could I have an english translation...? :D

3. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Hmm.. May have to get some of that to add to the WW+bl00 UV dye mixture i'm running now when I drain the system to install the R9700 block. Much thanks!:thumb:

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Are you using your computer at the moment because where the radiator is position right on the front of the case, in my opinion is bad as the radiator wont get much air flow due to the fact that the hold in the front of the case is being blocked by the metal front insert. I know your going ot mount the radiator on the top i jwas just wounder what yur going to do with the front of the case will you cut a hoe in it to add a fan or leave it the way it is.

not sure if thats anybetter i know what i want ot aks in my head just can't get it down in a post lol

5. maeterlinck

Ok I think I know what you're driving at now and I agree. Looking at the pictures again I'm not even sure if there's a fan in there...? gurdas???
    It does look restricted by the pump mainly from what I can see....

6. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Sounds to me like he isn't planning on using a fan :eyebrow:

Excilent work there, I realy like the chrome :thumb:

Now, that gfx card needs cooling, you know you want to :naughty:

7. JeffPH

JeffPH What's a Dremel?

awesome rig dude :) u inspire my case :)

8. gurdas

gurdas What's a Dremel?

Thanks, the blue colour in the water is just normal antifreeze.

As for the radiator, its a bit of a problem since I cannot go with my original plan of mounting it at the top because it obstructs the aquadrive in the other bay. At the moment its staying downstairs and im running it at stock at the moment with no fan until I can get a better radiator solution.

Im thinking of getting a thermochill 120.3 radiator and then mounting that on the outside right of the case.

Graphics card cooling is already sorted, I have a Zalman heatpipe which im going to fit today;)

9. maeterlinck

What radiator have yo got? (Sorry it's too late to go through 9 pages of posts to find out :))
    If it's not completely rubbish then simply adding a fan may well be enough to make it useable with OCing. I'd probably try this first before upgrading to 120.3 as they don't come cheap!

10. gurdas

gurdas What's a Dremel?

Its a HTF2 single rad. I dont want to add a fan to it as there isnt much point with no where for the air to exit down at the bottom. If I get a 120.3 I can mount it on the outside on the right side panel.

11. Noldor

Noldor What's a Dremel?

whats the status of this projekt? any new updates?

12. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

13. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

What is wrong with you people? Somebody bumped this after 9 months, then another after 7? What kind of sense does that make? Its been a year and 4 months total since any kind of progress, I think they would have posted by then.

14. P3rRRrY

P3rRRrY What's a Dremel?

I have seen that your not happy for people find old projects to just remind them of they have some unfinished things going on. I thinks it's good, cause why do you have a worklog...? Yeah exactly, they have them to let people see them and tell them what's nice\bad. And that people misses action on this thread is absolutly good, cause this was an promesing prosject. :naughty:

15. gurdas

gurdas What's a Dremel?

I should have completed this log but I honestly forgot! The project was completed and has been running very nicely ever since. The only thing I have changed is the motherboard to a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe because my Abit broke:( I still haven't changed the radiator! But the temps and performance are not the best they could be, but I enjoy the silence and the system is performing to my needs. Don't worry, I am always thinking of new projects to do so I will probably leave this project without upgrading and just pump the money into a new project:D

I have added some last final photos and also fixed all the old dead links so you can see how the project progressed properly. Any questions feel free to ask away. Enjoy.

Gurdas

Inside shot showing zalman heatsink
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The finished top panel with the imitation aquatube fan plate with mesh installed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same mesh installed at the rear as 80mm fan grills
    [​IMG]

16. gurdas

gurdas What's a Dremel?

Flatten polish treatment done on the front, similar treatment done to Aston Marints in the factory
    [​IMG]

The case with everything put together
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. gurdas

gurdas What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

The spray booth at the Vauxhall Factory, Luton, where the case was painted, as you can see a brand new Vauxhall Frontera is being sprayed
    [​IMG]

Managed to blag some feet from the nice guys at CM:D
    [​IMG]

Feet installed, cuts down the vibration quite alot
    [​IMG]

18. gurdas

gurdas What's a Dremel?

Couldn't leave the case with all its wires hanging out like that, so some final mods done to the desk to house this wonderful project. Lights added underneath and a nice 17" Viewsonic VP171B to finish it off. This is the finished article :dremel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed that :clap:

19. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Clean. :thumb:

20. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

nice :thumb:

Last edited: 22 Dec 2004