1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows jinxed comp?!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by JavaBoy, 4 Dec 2004.

1. JavaBoy

JavaBoy What's a Dremel?

yea....my comp just restared while i was playing ffxi online...cpu temp is fine(130f *load*) and ummmmm the psu is 480watt and dont think i could be using that much power

any other ideas as to why i would of restared randomly
    (i am running virus scan now so ill tell you if i find anything)
    EDIT: nothing was found on my comp

Last edited: 4 Dec 2004
  2. Un_Trained

Un_Trained What's a Dremel?

are u listing with speekers with a sub? If the sub is high it could be raddleing the HD around and causing restarts or BSOD (blue screen of death).

3. Lynx

Lynx What's a Dremel?

Windows does have a tendency to crash randomly. If it continues to do so it will most likly be a ram or PSU issue.

On the PSU the 480w doesnt mean much as it usually refers to the peak power available but unless it is a realy cheap PSU you should be fine as a PC usually draws less than 200W when on. But if it is failing that could be the problem

The other possibility is the ram is faulty. I wouldnt worry about this unless it keeps doing so. If it does run memtest86 to make sure your ram is fine.

I assume Un_trained that your post is to the wrong thread. But in any case HDDs are speced to opperate fine at a few gs (4/5 iirc) and so a subwoffer wouldnt affect it in the slightest. If you did manage to exert enough force to affect the HDD the hdd would be toast as the heads would hit the platter and destroy both the heads and the platter.

4. JavaBoy

JavaBoy What's a Dremel?

if the ram was bad would i be able to load knoppix into it???????????

i can load os's into the ram
    can you give me some links to get memtest?

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

My rig sometimes crashes and restarts randomly and every time it does that its always something to do with my network card - to see if the BSOD comes up:

Go the advanced tab in sytem properties, startup and recovery, under system failure, untick "automatically restart".

That gives some idea of why it went wrong.

6. JavaBoy

JavaBoy What's a Dremel?

thank you read this thread http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=76469
    my wireless card is a bitch

7. Un_Trained

Un_Trained What's a Dremel?

:wallbash: oops. Half was the right thread and half wasent.

Tags: