1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Good headphones?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arrowswake, 4 Dec 2004.

1. arrowswake

arrowswake What's a Dremel?

I have a nice headset for gaming, but when it comes to not bothering the roommates at night, I want a really nice high quality set of headphones (Not a headset with a mic) to give me great audio quality when I'm not using my speakers. I don't want to spend over $100 for these, and if I'm going to be spending over $50, I want them to be worth it.

I know a lot about different media speakers and what sounds good, but I have no idea about headphones... Any suggestions (Not just companies that are good, but specific models, please!)

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

shure E2Cs?

3. RTT

RTT #parp

Look to Sennheiser/Grado/Beyer :)

4. arrowswake

arrowswake What's a Dremel?

Any specific models for them? I'd prefer ones that don't go in your ears. You know, some nice big ones that COVER my ears, with some nice leather padding or something.

5. igotid24

igotid24 What's a Dremel?

well if your looking to not bother your roomates then don't go with grado, they are just about completely open, so people around you will still easily be able to hear your music.

I would suggest the Audio Technica A500, great all around sealed can.

6. penski

penski BodMod

Beyerdynamic DT series all the way.

*n

7. djtitan

djtitan What's a Dremel?

a little over you price range (in the order of $120) but the sony MDR-V700DJ's are sweet. I have had a pair for a couple of years, and they have yet to un-impress. More in your pricerange, the MDR-V500DJ's are basicly the same, but slightly smaller and dont have the same power (can you tell im a sony fan). I like the sony's mainly becuase they have really good and clear mid and bass response, which is good for FPS stuff.