1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding first casemod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by chuck22689, 1 Dec 2004.

1. chuck22689

chuck22689 What's a Dremel?

im new here so dont be too mean. ive been kicking around the idea to do a star wars themed computer. the case im using is an old micron case i had lying around the house. ive already cut a window into it and am contplating doing a lightsaber water cooling system. for now it probally wont be working due to lack of funds but will be ready to go at a latter date. just wondering what everybody thought. ideas would be welcome too. :worried:

2. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

ooooo cool, I actually haven't seen any star wars case mods yet, so good luck! Lightsaber WC would look awesome too

3. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I might have seen the death star or something around these forums. It could have been on other forums though.
    I'm not really a star wars fan, but I would like to see a star wars themed mod. Who knows how cool it would be :)

4. Jayson

Jayson What's a Dremel?

Thats a good idea for a mod/theme. good luck with it and keep us updated when you start....

5. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

I've seen an R2-D2 mod and a Millenium Falcon mod (mini-itx).

Kinda odd I havent seen more..

Anywho, goodluck, and post pics :dremel:

6. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

May the force be with you! :D

7. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

Ummm...not to appear dense or anything, but what exactly would "light saber watercooling" be?

8. chuck22689

ive made a couple of lightsabers for myself and friends before and was planing one using a couple of them for the resevors :dremel:

9. white modder

white modder What's a Dremel?

paint a jedi, but instead of painting a lighsaber, make a hole with the shape of a lightsaber, and put a cffl there :p :dremel: :dremel:

10. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

Ah ha...so basically a clear tube reservoir with lighting.
    OK then, good luck.

11. chuck22689

sorry about the delay ive been at home for the christmas brake but it was a lucrative brake i got a 3.0 for last semester. I also recived a new dremal and digital camera so i can now show pictures. i got some parts for the first of two lightsaber resiveores today and will begin building it latter in the week depending on what i have to do in class so here goes.

[​IMG]

this is what im basing it off of i made it this summer at home.

[​IMG]

and a closeup of the handle. i got the directions off the net last summer and cannot rember where if sombody recogines it plese tell me

[​IMG]

and yes the "blade" does light up right now im in the process of hiding the light componets.

commets are welcome and i will be posting my pics of the case latter i dont have them with me right now :dremel:

Last edited: 18 Jan 2005
  12. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

No self respecting starwars fanboy can go-on living without knowing about bigyellowbox :thumb:.

13. chuck22689

thats the one i must thank them for posting his directions and parts list it was a big help now i just have to finish my own. ive got plans for an early lightsaber. think pre movie just after the force is discovered

small update the case as it stands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iv also got the keybord done also ill post it latter i left the pics at home :wallbash:

Last edited: 19 Jan 2005
  14. fretai03

fretai03 What's a Dremel?

Sorry dude but I just don't seem to be seeing ur pics. Are they attached or am I going crazy? :wallbash:

15. SnowBoard

SnowBoard What's a Dremel?

Is it just me or does your lightsaber remind anyone of a huge *****? :D :hehe: