1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Simple Program to Extract and Import Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dredog, 8 Dec 2004.

1. Dredog

Dredog What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

Well, here is what i want to do. Problem is i don't know how to do it.

I want to create a simple program that will Extract all my music .RAR files from a one folder and into another. Also, i would the program to launch iTunes and import the extracted files.

I have been thinking of using a macro or a batch file but i don't think that they would work.

can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot.

2. simon w

simon w What's a Dremel?

I'd try using a bat file. This shows you how to process each .rar file within a folder, then just pass the relevant parameters to winrar.

3. Dredog

Dredog What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your repley. However, i have no experience with batch files and i can't seem to make sense of anything. I would greatly appreciate it if you could lead me in the right direction or give me a quick example.

Thank you

-Dre

4. simon w

simon w What's a Dremel?

As shown on the web site, use a for loop to process all the .rar files within the folder [that the bat file is ran from]. Instead of printing the documents, use winrar to extract the archives into another folder.

So something like this,
    Code:
    for  %%f  in  (*.rar)   do   "c:\program files\winrar\winrar.exe" x "%%f" *.* NewMusic\

I have no experience with iTunes so I don't know if you can pass parameters to it (google didn't help).

5. Dredog

Dredog What's a Dremel?

thank you very much.... i will look over the page again and try to figure it out. thanks for help!