1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My first pc that i build myself

Discussion in 'Modding' started by tigra, 6 Dec 2004.

1. tigra

tigra What's a Dremel?

i am kinda celebrating my first build pc
    i will add some pics soon
    it works fine now with linus suse

2. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Nice. Custom case or just components?

- H.

3. tigra

tigra What's a Dremel?

Stock case but i collectet all the components myself
    i'm verry proud at myself
    only 14 years old you see

4. frag_daddy_2007

frag_daddy_2007 What's a Dremel?

not to brag or anything, but i built my first modded pc with a custom window mod when i was 13 it was a celeron 2gig proc in that thing, lol, so outdated (im 15 now)

Last edited: 10 Dec 2004
  5. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Well done for building the first of many :thumb: .(trust me when i say 1 is never enough)

When i finsihed the first ever build it was but a year ago. Spent ages sourcing components, comparing manufacturers and generally wasting hours surfing online shops for that extra 50p off. To see it finally completed created much pride on my part and since then i've made sourced and made another 20+ for friends or more recently all my uni flatmates who were sick of goin to the clusters. Hopefully this will inspire you to show others and save them some money and save them buying dell's.

6. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

well done, im 13 and ive build, 4 computers with all diffrent cases :D

It becomes so easy after 2/3 :hip:

7. Drivel

Drivel What's a Dremel?

what are the specs of ur pc

nice job i kinda grew up doing this stuff 7/8 of mine that our in my house are running just dont overclock it to much with stock cooling :wallbash: :wallbash:

but now that uve built one ull never stop intill ur money does that has been my only problem i keep on running out of $$$$$$$$$ :sigh: :sigh:

8. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

i built a briefcase computer and a custom case with a custom cut and designed window, front cut 80mm fan, handles and grey paint, a hard drive with a window in it, lots. check out my site here for more. keep up the good work! :dremel:

9. |I.H|

|I.H| What's a Dremel?

when i was 12 i bought a custom made pc from some shop(top of the range of that time) and guess whats the first thing i did with it..........................................i brought it home and opened it up :rock: and started modding. My bro has been playing with pc's since the age of 13 (pentium 1 times..lolz :D ) and now he's 25 and i know a lot more than him and got a better pc than him. :rock:

10. Un_Trained

Un_Trained What's a Dremel?

im 15 and ive build over 9-10 computers by my self. All different cases. Some have mods some dont. Modding is fun. Ive been doin this since i was 12

11. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Why is everyone over boasting on this thread about how many computers they have built? Who cares?

Well done to tigra!

I must admit my 1st pc build was a bit daunting, but its great when you 1st boot it up!

Well Done Tigra! :rock:

12. tigra

tigra What's a Dremel?

thnx guys

13. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

any specs? did you have any problems booting first time?
    indeed nicely done
    built first computer when 11 half finaced by dad just finished second computer

14. Yerg2k

Yerg2k What's a Dremel?

It's a pissin contest!!! I'm celebrating building my 10,000th machine!

But in all reality, I'm 21 now and I believe I was age 10 or 11 when I finally got to build my own pc. Yeah, it was a 386, but hey, it ran blake stone rather well I believe. I don't remember the mhz, I just remember that after that I replaced the board with a 486dx2 80! woohooo!!!! with 36-pin ram and all, I think they had EDO by then.

Remember when 4 megs of ram cost over $150? Woohoo! top of the line baby!

And I still have a vintage 40mb MFM hard drive laying around. As well as an 8" floppy disk, my dad brought that home from work one day.

Not to mention the TRS-80 with the 16k memory upgrade, the 16k board is bigger than my motherboard.

Hey, back on topic, I was thinking of modding my vic-20. It might decrease in value though. I probably should just mod the sinclair, that is a piece!

15. CREDO

CREDO What's a Dremel?

I'm 28 and only built my first PC (from scratch) a few months ago.

16. Yerg2k

Yerg2k What's a Dremel?

Cool, good for you! I'm serious, its nice to see people not going with name brand stuff. It isn't about being so tech-savvy that you can build a crazy pc, it's just knowing the necessary procedure for assembling a PC. You can save a good bit of money doing it yourself, and if you're new to it I'm sure you learned some things while assembling the rig. GJ :)

17. GMan

GMan Minimodder

Congrats on your first build. Now you get to start the really fun part - mod it!

18. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

i have to disagreee with you there, becasue ive had lots of stuff blow up at that supposidly great time. lol :duh: :hehe: im so stupid :hehe:

19. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Building your first computer is so satisfying, cause you know you are never gonna get screwed over by the big computer companies again.

20. Un_Trained

Un_Trained What's a Dremel?

yes that is one good part about it.