1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATM Card question

Discussion in 'General' started by Bboy_Jon, 5 Dec 2004.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ok well i got an atm card and it doesnt have my name pressed into it, someone told me that if i get my name pressed into it then ill be able to use it online, is that true?

2. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Um...no.

Your friend might be thinking of check/debit cards, which is basically a credit card without the credit part, since it's tied to your checking account like an ATM card. You'll need to get a whole new card, since you need your name, 16 digit number and CVS numbers as well. Talk to your bank about getting a debit card.

3. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

Does your "ATM" card have a credit company logo on it or as whypick1 said have a 16 digit number? Seeing as you are in MO is this card from UMB or a smaller bank. I ask only because I used to work for them. Actually worked for many banks in MO and KS.

4. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

the card would also have to have one of maestro/visa-delta/switch etc on it, to function as a debit card surely.. (though this may be different outside europe)

5. fg0d

fg0d Banned

Chances are your bank is small. There is no reason for an ATM card to have to have anything embossed in it, its not worth anything online. Maybe he means a debit, which is embossed almost always. One nutty bud you have.

6. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya figured this a while ago

the bank is mizzou credit union so ya its small, im guessing only in missouri LOL

but ya, i need to get a checking account