1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Routers and 'rotary trim cutters'...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bwgames, 12 Dec 2004.

1. bwgames

bwgames Minimodder

I found myself in B&Q this morning, where I spotted a router for £30. Then I spotted a 'rotary trim cutter', also for £30. I bought the trim cutter. It seems to be a overpowered Dremel, i.e., it takes dremel bits, but runs at 20,000-30,000 RPM. Had a play with it, and it seems fun, but....

I already have a cheap dremel - would it be better to return it, and get the router instead?

I guess it all depends on what I'd be using it for, i have plans to build a acrylic case for a mATX mobo I have....

Any ideas/opinions?
    Thanks, BW.

2. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Back again...

do you have a good large work bench.. cus a router will need it

btw.. i got my real dremel for £17.50, and it does 15,000 rpm to 33,000 rpm.. so really, rather than a cheap dremel-a-like and 'rotary trim cutter'.. you just need a dremel multipro.. probs ends up cheaper than two seperate tools.. but does the job the same/better..

3. Yerg2k

Yerg2k What's a Dremel?

Although with good routers you can get circle cutter guides. That is, an acrylic plate which straps onto the bottom and has many holes for whatever diameter circle or oval you would like.