1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR First Mod (Caran Rûn) [many updates]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hacker2B, 10 May 2004.

?

Project Name Caran Rûn

Poll closed 2 Jul 2004.
  1. Like

38 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. Dislike

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Hacker2B

Hacker2B What's a Dremel?

I haven't come to a "definite" conclusion, but I am pretty sur that I'll have the main body black, the letter keys black, the number keys black, and the special keys (enter, shift, backspace, yada, yada, yada) red. I got some stick on letters but I don't know if they'll work for the keys with words on them. I may also write elvish letters on them and be a complete copy cat of PsychoI3oy. (note: I'm planning on asking his permission if I do copy him).

[EDIT]Oooh Yay! 5 pages[/EDIT]

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
    >>>BTW, Most of the updates are on page four right now.<<<
    ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Last edited: 10 Aug 2004
  2. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

that etching is so nice i wish i had that kind of dremel skillz but i don't, keep up the good work :thumb:

3. R@Mo

R@Mo What's a Dremel?

I only waited 10 mins before modding my PSU. I'm still alive and well. :hehe:

4. Hacker2B

Hey, Thanks for the replies. I haven't actually taken the PSu apart 'cause I ended up wanting to use it. anyway, dinner's ready, gtg.

-flame

5. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

weres an update ^_^

being from new zealand myself im a big fan of LOTR

im loving the etching and cant wait to see the finished result.

6. Hacker2B

Wow, Long Time, No See

Hello everybody. I think my thread has been completely forgotten but I can't blame 'em, I haven't updated for months. Sorry. I finally finished etching the Moria Gate. I'll Post a picture later. Last night I ordered the parts that will finish my computer! I got an Asus mobo, P4 3.0GHz w/HT, 1 GB of RAM, 2 red 80mm case fans, a slot exhaust fan, an AIW ATI Radeon 9800pro graphics card, a 50ft ethernet cable, and a DVD Burner. I love christmas!

I'm going to use the computer as an HTPC connected to the T.V. with a modified Cat5 cable, and an all-purpose video editing/gaming/make-your-friends-jealous rig. It should be finished really soon and I promise to post pics soon.

Changing project completion percentage...

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

hate to be the nit-picking LOTR nerd, but smaug was in The Hobbit...

or are you going for a more "middle earth" type mod?

8. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

where did you get the images of the elves-writings? i also want to edge a window with this signs but i cant find them anywhere to print out and use :confused: maybe you can mail me them?! :clap:

9. Hacker2B

Hmmm. I got them from a site with vector graphics. I thought there was a link in this thread somewhere. I'll look around.

10. phoeneous

phoeneous What's a Dremel?

http://www.dafont.com/en/font.php?file=aelfa

11. Lukethegreat

Lukethegreat What's a Dremel?

12. Hacker2B

Well... it's been a couple months and really haven't done much. The first semester of school just ended. I've been enjoying using my computer too much to work on it. Everything works perfectly except the graphics card. The card itself works great, but the software that comes with it sux. I don't know if Nvidia makes an AIW equivilent, but I would discourage anyone from getting the ATI AIW 9800pro. The software is really buggy and picky. It's a great idea, but obviously rushed to be finished.

I finally got brave enough to cut a hole in my top window, for the fan. It came out pretty good. There's only one small crack.

The CPU (p4) is staying at a comfortable 40-50 degrees celsius resting temperature.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm trying to get my case ready for a little trip. I'm gonna be staying at a friends house for a week, and I have to feed my computer addiction while I'm there. :hip:

I still have to:
    >cut fan hole in front bezel
    >paint front bezel
    >paint moria gate background
    >mount moria gate
    >install lights

Last edited: 3 Feb 2005