1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics possible to fix laptop battery that has good cells?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nleahcim, 14 Dec 2004.

1. nleahcim

nleahcim What's a Dremel?

Hi - so my laptop's battery died. It didn't die like a normal laptop battery, though. First of all it is only about 14 months old (though Dell doesn't cover batteries under their warranty, as far as I know, though I do plan on looking into that). It's from a Dell Inspiron 600M. It was working perfectly - and then one day while my laptop was plugged in my laptop just started beeping and some light was flashing (it was still running just fine though). I had never seen this problem before - so I restarted - same thing. Then I turned it off, and it still did it! (as in - the computer was off). I finally figured out that it was the battery (I was able to check this by putting in my spare battery). Also - now when I press the battery meter button on the bottom of the battery, the LEDs just flash at me, instead of a percentage of them turning on to show how full it is. Thus this leads me to conclude that the controller chip must have died (does that seem right?). Is this fixable? Thanks!

2. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

all I know is that you shoul be careful with Laptop batteries - I got a really nasty (electrical) burn from one a few years back/

3. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

I secobd that!

Nyway if it's not under warranty just open it up and check the circuit inside it might be just something small but it is possible the whole thing is fried in that case just scrap it.

Or if you have the cash have it refurbished.