1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Wireless speakers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tribal Dragon, 7 Dec 2004.

1. Tribal Dragon

Tribal Dragon Insomniac modder!

Hi everyone, been away for a while and I have a question and I'm sure you people can help me out ^^

I'm looking foward to buy a laptop for school and who says laptop nowadays says wireless.

Now, I'll have a lot of work to do at home and I would very much like to use wireless speakers for listening to music mainly but also dvd's and gaming.

What I am looking foward would be 2.1 and over with a good sound. I am currently using Altec Lansing ATP3 and like them very much but would be sooo much better wireless ^^

either RF or bluetooth or anything that isn't wired and that is performant ^^

thx for any inputs and for your time :D

2. Tribal Dragon

no one can help me on this one??

c'mon I know someone can ^^;

3. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

umm i think the better question is WHY

2 reasons why this idea has never been done

a) sound quality would suffer ( when you send data over a wireless hub, or even a wireless headphone there is noise).

b) Even if you can get a wireless data transfer there doesnt exist a consumer "wireless power" solution yet. Speakers dont just power themselves

Your best bet is to have wireless headphones, but in your case they defeat the purpose because YOU STILL NEED TO PLUG the receiver into a power outlet and into a audio source.

a second alternative is you might want to research mp3 stream boxes ( you send your music over your network to a box that is connected to a receiver)

4. dom_

dom_ --->

also each of the wireless speakers have in built amps, to amplify the signal they recieve, makes them kinda sucky and quality.
    although im afraid i cant help as where to find them, never looked

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Just in case you're still looking, I saw this and thought of you ;)

<A88>

6. Tribal Dragon

well in fact I wanted a wireless connection between the lappy and the speakers...but from what I see, it cost too much performance to get something that doesn't really answer to my needs ^^

thx for your time all :D

7. djtitan

djtitan What's a Dremel?

Tipically wireless speakers just suck. There is not enough bandwidth to transfer the signal fast enough, so the sound quality suffers. Also, there is a lot if interferience (relitively, compaired with wired systems) with wireless speakers, so the sound quality degrades more. Also, you are paying for the novelty of having wireless speakers, so the cost is there, rather than in the components. If you still want to go wireless, try apple's Airport Express and Itunes. I have heard great things about this system because it dosent use a propiatary connection to transmit the info. Check it out and PM me if you have more questions.

8. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

" Supplied with AC adaptors and connection leads"

wow really wireless there.....

9. Tribal Dragon

whoa the Airport Express does pretty much what I had in mind!

time for reading reviews

Thx a bunch ^^