1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do YOU make money?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sunny-D, 13 Dec 2004.

1. dom_

dom_ --->

:eyebrow:

2. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I did web application development for a local Sprint call center for about a year. (Their crappy spherion temp agency had me down as a "typist") I quit to work at a local university where I am now a Data Analyst. (Still programming web apps, but its better than typist!)

I'm about to start selling on ebay and start a few online shops with google ads though.

3. JB

JB What's a Dremel?

Sex sells man.

4. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

hehe ure a paper boi too? hehe it sucks, how much is (symbol) 82 in usd?

im hoping to apply at this place called mac experts, it would be awsome but i doubt id be old enough (15 1/2, probly have to be 16)

5. Yerg2k

Yerg2k What's a Dremel?

Since I can't seem to get enough business on my own, I work for a local computer company servicing PC's. Although my job is technically "part time", as the lead tech I get 40 or more hours a week to work on the constant flow of PCs.

The plus side is, as there's a storefront, we bring in a lot of clients. And, we can charge considerable rates, much more than I've charged doing work on my own, therefore I make a lot more in a week than I ever have doing freelance.

Nothing like selling your skills when you have them to spare :) Oh, and no offense to chinese PC stores but we are not chinese, and everyone speaks English as a native language. We base our service on honesty and fairness, and that alone along with the ability to keep clients informed, keeps our customer base high. There are a lot of PC stores that people don't go to, because they can understand what we're saying. Again, NO offense to asians, just asians who cannot speak English very well but run retail stores in English-speaking countries. Please don't let this make me out to be a prejudiced a**hole.

Anyways, enough yammering on about the company I work for... Yeah, I deal with computer problems on a daily basis. It pays well when you are responsible and knowledgeable in the area. I don't plan on staying there too long though; school is in my agenda somewhere in the near future.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

hehe :hehe:

7. realhorrorshow

realhorrorshow What's a Dremel?

I'm an SEO and web developer. Was a new media monkey, but for now SEO is paying the bills :D

8. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Well...
    My girlfriend/fiancé is paying the bills...
    I live with her at her parents house, so we hardly have any rent...
    I'm just selling some old stuff I have laying around and I am delivering mail for 2 hours a day.

But hey, I am still trying to find a decent job... I bet I'll have one is less than a month :worried:

9. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

Cook Chicken at Chick-fil-a And part time at the county gov as a Helpdesk person

10. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

You're a hired gimp? :D

11. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Hunt done the back of the sofa for the odd penny.

12. |I.H|

|I.H| What's a Dremel?

im a paper-boi aswell, i deliver 15 newspapers mon-sat after school (they are rite next to my house) and get £40 a month, not to bad, the shop that i work for, the main owner told me yesterday if you deliver 30 paeres then i'll double your pay to £80 a month, not ot bad, so basically you can say i deliver 30 papers after school mon-sat :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

13. Xtrm2Matt

Xtrm2Matt What's a Dremel?

I make money from my gaming community :) :thumb:

14. Defiance

Defiance What's a Dremel?

Just out of curiosity, who was it? :duh:

[OSH]
    Wanadoo Tech TL :rock:

15. TMM

TMM Modder

Bum around the house, wash cars, set dinner tables, clean stuff, and get AUD30$ pocket money at the end of each week :thumb:

and before anyone asks, i can't get a job becasue im not the legal age yet (14 and 9 months :() and newspaper rounds and the like get crap all pay :/

16. maxxbasher

maxxbasher What's a Dremel?

I sold my soul, i didn't get much for it, so i am left scrounging off the gov, and anyone i can........shame on me :blush:

17. penski

penski BodMod

Pwned by your team leader? Arf.

Educate the people on your team, please - make sure they know that if a customer can ping a domain and IP it is not a Winsock error. Ta ;)

*n

Last edited: 16 Dec 2004
  18. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Well, I'm a pe-on... Plant Manager at a Honeywell factory, basically I babysit, making sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to. It's both a relaxed job and a tense one. When I'm at the factory, all I do is meet with people in my office. But, I'm at the factory maybe half the time I'm actually "working". That, and when something goes wrong, it's my head on the chopping block. Oh well, funds my wife, and that's what matters :thumb:

19. GMan

GMan Minimodder

Work for a "Major Corporation that makes PC's and recently merged with another Major PC manufacturer" training contractors for that "Major Corporation" to do after-hours PC, Software, Mainframe, and every little thing they can work into the contract, tech support for various other corporations. Also kinda the nightshift overseer. (Whipcrack! Get back on the phones, you lazy sods!). Oh, and I get to do this for 20 bucks an hour......What a deal.

It's a second career, having already leased my soul to the "Great Satan" for 20 years.