1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding logitech mx1000 inside pics?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Seth, 19 Dec 2004.

1. Seth

Seth What's a Dremel?

does anyone have any pics of the inside of this mouse? I am wondering if they put a weight into this mouse like they have all the rest of their mice.. if so I am ripping that sucker out.

2. dj_2004

dj_2004 What's a Dremel?

they do

3. |I.H|

|I.H| What's a Dremel?

he he.....seth i love your avatar :hehe:

4. Seth

Seth What's a Dremel?

heh thanks. so your sure they have a weight and not just a heavy battery..

5. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

A weight? I've never seen a weight in my MX700. Why would they put one in there?

And I don't think it's entirely necessary to make it any lighter. Sure it's heavy, but its resting on your mousepad, it's not heavy enough to make it hard to push around (unless you have weak arms ;)).

6. KingofHearts

KingofHearts What's a Dremel?

yea there is a weight in there. I took my mx700 apart not to long ago to check the wiring. its stealthed though. the weight looks like a small metal thing. If you take it off you can see it weighs a bit and has no real function.

I did briefly take it out but didnt like the way the mouse felt afterwards. It made it feel like a pos. I didnt put the batteries back in so maybe its a nice middle ground. But with no weight and no batteries it felt pretty weird.

7. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 What's a Dremel?

thats funny ive dismateled my mx700 several times and never noticed this supposed wieght :worried: but if you remove the batterys then its lighter but i would think that might make it less then functional :D

8. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

they do? I would of though they havnt due to other "mice" makers stealing there ideas.... Thought it would be copyright not to put it out..Like windows source code.

- Sc0

9. rahul3111

rahul3111 What's a Dremel?

really?????

i have a MX700 but didn't notice .......its really very heavy mouse .......talk to guys latter i am goin to take that weight out...anyways thank u guys for good information :jawdrop:

10. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

I have an MX900 (the Bluetooth version of the MX700), and it has the weight in it. I like the weight, I don't like the chinsey feeling of lightweight mice. The weight gives it a good feel to slide around.

11. Seth

Seth What's a Dremel?

mx1000 = no weight just battery
    took mine apart