1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

formatted/ not formatted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ryu_ookami, 22 Dec 2004.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I've been changing some stuff with my pc. Before i started one of my drives had just under 31 gb od data on it. Now when it started its showing that drive as healthy but unformatted. How do i get the data back if at all.

i'm using windows xp sp2

2. olv

olv he's so bright

have u tried slaving it in another machine? have you reinstalled/changed OS?

if winxp is seeing it as unformatted then you might be rather screwed. you could download Partition Magic or similar to see what it makes of it.

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Its likely that all your data is lost. :( You could try looking in Dos to see if it can read them :hehe: but honestly, theres a good chance that all the data is gone.

4. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

would it be beyond a recovery tool?

5. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

There's a chance you can get everything back. It sounds like a partition inadvertently got deleted. I recommend Active@ Parition Recovery off of the Ultimate Boot CD. That one personally saved my butt once, since it was a 200GB partition with all of my music and TV on it.